Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-58 UD4P Warning: Main Bios checksum error..

Default X-58 UD4P Warning: Main Bios checksum error..

Hey

My X-58 UD4P has suddenly decided it wanted to use F3 version of BIOS. I am not sure why this has happend and I was doing fine with the F7, but now whenever I start the PC right after the logo it says:

Warning: Main Bios checksum error......................then it just starts detecting and boots, not a big problem, but I do not know why it has reverted to the F3 Bios version.

Now I have the F7 on a USB HDD, but I am not sure if I can remember the procedure for installing that one. I did it some time ago - but now I am afraid I might mess something up. Could someone please describe the procedure please?

Thanks

Default Re: X-58 UD4P Warning: Main Bios checksum error..

Ok

I am now running on the F7 BIOS version again. I had completly forgotten how to update my BIOS but everything is ok now. Still do not know why it changed to F3. Maybe I should have used the F8 now I come to think about it. Well - if i ever win the lottery and buy a 975....

Were you overclocking?
    It also happened to me two or three times on my old DS3L when using too agressive OC settings.
    GA-EP45-UD3R (F12)
    Zalman CNPS-7000C-CU
    E8400@3.6GHz
    2x2GB A-DATA Vitesta 800+ CL4 Extreme Edition @ 1066MHz@2.0V (5-5-5-15)
    Asus EN9800GT Ultimate @ 810/2000/2200
    Seagate 250GB + WD 500GB + WD 640GB
    Asus DRW 1608-P
    BenQ G2010WP
    Thermaltake TR2 500W
    Windows 7 Pro x64

I was overclocking but that was a 24/7 modest overclock. I first noticed it had reverted to F3 when I looked at CPU-Z. The reason I looked was because I could not understand that it suddenly said checksum error whenever I rebooted.

I think it might be because my room temperature has gone beserk the last 2 days with temperatures around 30 C. I live in Denmark and we are having some hot weather at the moment, and me having my PC on 2nd floor without good air ventilation is not helping.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

CheckSum error happens when the MAIN BIOS and Backup BIOS do not match, or can also happen if the MAIN BIOS Corrupts and an older one is recovered.

So you all ok now? If so, great!! If not let us know and we can try to help you.

Thank you for offering your help Lsdmeasap, but everything is working just great now. Currently running F7 version after I thought it over on how to do the BIOS update.

The system even boots faster now and I am up running Windows 7 faster than before even - strange though.

Thanks

Great to hear!!!

I Suggest using F9a BIOS, it is great. Or Even F8a, both are superb. Voltages are spot on, and S3 resume works great when overclocked if that matters to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Great to hear!!!

I Suggest using F9a BIOS, it is great. Or Even F8a, both are superb. Voltages are spot on, and S3 resume works great when overclocked if that matters to you.
    Where do you see a F8a BIOS version Lsdmeasap? Are we talking about those moded versions in the latest BIOS versions thread?

On Gigabytes website the latest I can see for my X-58 UD4P is the F8 version.

Thanks

We host all the beta's here at the forum, and no I did not mean Modded versions. I mean official BIOS's direct from Gigabyte, here is the beta thread, F9a is posted and F8a would be in the "Previous Beta's" link above that >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/

Coming from F7 you may have to flash with DOS due to the Qflash Version change. If you get an error in Qflash (Mismatch BIOS or BIOS ID/Checksum Error) then you will have to use DOS via floppy or Bootable USB

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    We host all the beta's here at the forum, and no I did not mean Modded versions. I mean official BIOS's direct from Gigabyte, here is the beta thread, F9a is posted and F8a would be in the "Previous Beta's" link above that >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...st-bios-28441/
    Sorry I did not know you had BETA versions here - that is just awesome. I will try it right away - thank you very much for your help and time.

Poul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information