Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with EX58-UD4P USB Keyboard not working in boot screen

Default Problem with EX58-UD4P USB Keyboard not working in boot screen

I am using a logitec wireless usb keyboard. When I boot up the keyboard will work fine at the gigabyte splash screen to hit DEL to boot into the bios or F12 to select boot device the keyboard works fine as well as doing everything in the bios. However the keyboard will not work to hit any commands during the bootscreen like CTRL-I to go into raid setup or hitting a key to choose to boot from the cd/dvd or even selecting the boot drive if I hit F12 during the splash screen. Once in the OS everything works fine. So keyboard works in the the bios and OS but nowhere else during bootup. I don't have any other usb keyboard to try out. Rather annoying to have to hookup a ps2 keyboard to do this.

Is this a known issue? Seems like its something that could be fixed in the bios since it works fine for most things. Should I have legacy usb stuff enabled?

Oh and I'm using using F8 bios.

Also, anyone know if there is a version of memtest or something that will boot and not get stuck loading...... because of using ahci?

Default Re: Problem with EX58-UD4P USB Keyboard not working in boot screen

Well I found that others are having the same issue with other brands of usb wireless keyboards and mice with ex58 gigabyte boards. Here is one that is having the same issue as me.

Microsoft Wireless Laser Keyboard 5000 problem

I tried enabling legacy usb support for keyboards and mice and that didn't seem to help, any ideas?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sounds like you may need to use a USB to PS/2 adapter, not all USB Devices will be compatible in DOS Mode. So you tried with Legacy USB Storage Detect Enabled, and Disabled correct?

As for your Memtest issue, just switch your AHCI Off when you want to run Memtest and then put it back when you are done, that will be fine

I have a Logitech G15 and a Microsoft mouse, that both have a USB connection and the same motherboard, but I do not have your problem. Of course I need to enable USB keyboard and mouse in the BIOS settings for them to work, but that is normal I would think.

Whenever I reset BIOS I am not able to use them because the BIOS settings has it disabled by default.

Thanks, Yes of course USB 1.0/1.1/2.0, and USB Keyboard and Mouse would need to be enabled in the BIOS. Thanks for posting that as I forgot those were disabled by default

Well thats weird, I tried it again with the legacy stuff enabled and it seems to all work now. My bad. Sorry and thanks.

Also I am using raid mode with 2 disks in raid 0, if I disable this in order to boot mem test will this mess my array up?

Nice to see you got it working.

No your raid array will be fine those settings disabled to run Memtest as long as you set it back BEFORE you let windows load. DO NOT FORGET!

But I can say, I use RAID and have no issues running Memtest86+ from a CD, USB Stick, or Floppy without changing anything. So maybe are you using an older version or what, because it works fine with RAID Enabled?

Here is the latest Version 2.11
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

thats the version I'm using. I've read elsewhere that memtest's bootloader stuff is not achi compliant so since my dvd/cd drive is sata and on the southbridge that is in achi or raid mode it won't work and will get stuck saying "Loading....." on the boot screen. Only solution I've found is disabling achi/raid as u suggested and doing it or using the gigabyte controller slots in ide mode.

i ran mem test before setting up my raid fine but since I enabled it I've had the issue with it stuck "Loading....." When trying to boot memtest.

I forgot about booting it off a usb drive so thanks, that would be easiest. Thanks for your help.

Is there an easy way to make it bootable from a usb stick?

I use RAID and have NO Issues with it at all.

Yes, you can make a USB Bootable stick pretty easy. Follow the guide I posted in the Qflash sticky for making a USB Stick bootable, and then copy ONLY the Memtest USB Version onto the USB and boot to USB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information