Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cool, quiet, fast & sexy - long road to enlightment

Default Re: Cool, quiet, fast & sexy - long road to enlightment

Getting nervous.
    Tested whole range od VTT 1.2-1.32 with MCH ref 0.740, 720, and now on 760.
    I can boot into Windows with all the settings, BUT most of them give me crippled resolution, so I restart straight away (this bugs me cause I can't tell what went wrong).
    PLL at 1.570.
    PCI-e frequency locked at 100MHz.
    I assume it's not a matter of any CPU-related settings, hm? Got LLC disabled, VCORE raised one step above the default, and 7x multiplier (tests before showed me I can run perfectly stable on default VCORE up to 3.75GHz or little higher).
    Oh all this is with MCH core 1.26, which I intend to test as thoroughly as possible before calling it a day.
    Wha other values would you focus on?
    Next step will naturally be switching over to Standard Perf. Enhance.

I'd definitely always use Performance enhance = standard and then test Turbo when the PC is stable.

If you get display problems it could be because the MCH/RAM is unstable and corrupts the GFX driver when it's loaded into RAM. It could also be that the ICH needs a little more voltage. Try Both ICH voltages one step upward from their current values. ICH core at 1.200V should be quite safe. I believe the I/O is at 1.5 stock, so between 1.57 and 1.61 should be fine to try.

Even with the CPU on a 7x multi, you're still in unknown territory as to the Vcore you may need. It's highly possible that a bump in the value may be needed. Also consider using a multi of 7.5, as this sounds more like the clock speed (4GHz) you'd want to run at 533 FSB. I understand your thinking about knocking the CPU down in speed to concentrate on FSB, but in the past this has been counter productive for me.

I'd test using a 1.3625Vcore as long as temps allow, rather than slightly above the VID. There comes a certain point where a CPU will suddenly need a huge Vcore increase to go up in speed. the same may also be true for the CPU handling a higher FSB, a big Vcore jump may be needed.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Ha, good idea.
    Back to start :D
    I smell a long night!

edit: I chose compromise of 1.3 VCORE (ok I will try even higher), 1.59 ICH I/O and 1.2 ICH core. Got crippled resolution straight on first boot attempt :D
    For some unknown reason I believe my PC likes Turbo more than Standard. Damn I'd throw in a few toads if someone explained really well what the heck does it do and prove its impact on performance :P
    Last edited by Octopuss; 08-15-2009 at 06:43 AM.

The toads or Turbo 'v' Standard
    * CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ Stock * Cooling: Corsair H80i / Noctua NF-F12 x2 * MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (Rev. 1.1 - BIOS F16 Mod16) * RAM: Crucial 1600MHz DDR3 32GB (4x8GB) *
    * GPU: Intel HD 4000 (768MB) * Mon 1: Dell U2410 (A07) * Mon 2: Panasonic TX-P55VT50B * Cam: Logitech C910 HD * BD: Pioneer BDR-208DBK * HD 1: Crucial SSD M4-CT256M4SSD2 256GB *
    * HD 2: Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB * IR: Apple Infrared Board 922-7195 * WiFi & BT: Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac - Bluetooth 4.0 * PSU: Seasonic M12 - 600W *

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Octopuss, why the deleted posts? Don't want anyone to know you was licking toads again? Or did it fail on you?

That setting changes Ram voltage, and tRD and can change some settings you don't have access to and some of the advanced settings in the driving pages.

rofl, damn mods see everything :P
    I was just deleting useless posts :)
    Just passed 18 hours of Prime95 so I'm gonna move onto attempt to lower MCH core down to 1.24, but it's hopeless imo.
    I'll take a huge lick and try anyway.

RAM voltage? Are you sure about that? I thought we have total control over that? Same for tRD?

I just came to a disturbing idea.
    With that nickname, what is toad licking to you???

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Octopuss View Post
    RAM voltage? Are you sure about that? I thought we have total control over that? Same for tRD?
    Don't know about voltage but when everything is on auto I noticed it changes in tRD, tRD Phases Adjustments and Trd2rds.
    Probably doesn't change anything that's set manually.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

HAHA!!!

Nope you never have total control over those unless you set standard for performance enhance.

It is as you suspect...... Good

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Nope you never have total control over those unless you set standard for performance enhance.
    Heh. What do you mean now? :D

The above post sounds logical - apparently those ultra-detailed timings noone bothers with, aside from tRD and driving strenth profile.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information