Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-MA78GM-US2H will not recognize more than 4Gig of memory

Question GA-MA78GM-US2H will not recognize more than 4Gig of memory

I have a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-US2H with a Phenom 9750 processor. Running the F5 bios off of the main site. I cannot get the bios to recognize more than 4Gig of DDR2 memory. One 2gig in dimm slot 1 and the other in slot3. It will not recognize it in slot2 or slot4. I have tried the Patriot DDR2 PDC22G6400LLKA and it would only work in slot1.
    I can get the Corsair Twin2x4096-6400C5 (2 2gig modules) to work in Slot 1 and Slot3. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-MA78GM-US2H will not recognize more than 4Gig of memory

Well, you should not mix modules to begin with but aside from that you should be able to at least boot with them. Not always though if they are very different, some may need way more voltage than others. I do see one stick you mention is 1.9V and the other is 2.1V, so you may be able to set 2.0V and get them going, but maybe not.

Have you tried 2.0-2.1v? It may not be safe for long term use on your 1.9V stick, but should be safe for testing. For 4GB+ you will also have to raise your NorthBridge voltage as well, maybe +0.2-0.3

And you should be using the same color slots for dual channel, you know that right or no? For dual channel use slots 1+2, or 3+4. I am not sure what you are trying to add though, so it may just be me that is confused.

I do think the root of the issue though is the different ram, and the very different voltage spec for each

Thank you for your help. I am still struggling to get the memory to work. I have changed the memory out and I am trying run all Twin2x4096-6400C5 (2 2gig modules) in all four slots. I increased the Northbridge voltage and the ddr2 voltages as suggested. The ddr2 modules show a 1.8 volt on the label of each simm. However only slots 1 and 3 will register with the bios. I have to remove the simms in slot 2 and 4 to even boot. I have tried changing unganged to ganged as well. Any other thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated? Thanks in advance JwRed

Also I forgot to mention that I am running the Phenom 9750 still.

Thread Information