Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte X48 DS4 Rebooting/Bios? Issues!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte X48 DS4 Rebooting/Bios? Issues!!

I think you just need to make the changes I noted above for 4GB to work for you, I see the tRD (Static tRead value-Performance Level in Memset) is too low, that and the voltage changes I mention above may be your only issues.

So make those changes and you should be much better off

HI lsdmeasap,

Ok well some good results and some bad. The good is that I followed all the settings you suggested and it obviously liked some but disliked others.

After I applied and rebooted it beeped 3 times switched off and restarted after several seconds, but it had not liked some of the settings. It then switched off again and cmosed itself, as in on reboot (without me touching anything) it had set itself back to bios defaults.

So I disabled usb storage support, set mem timings to 5-5-5-18 again, dd2 ram vol to +0.30 and GMCH to +0.25 (the next one up from this is +0.50 it rebooted for a while, enough for me to get half way through this message and it shut down giving a white screen.

Now it shuts down as soon as it starts....its like its not getting enough power to the vid card. All I hear is vid card run full boar (4890 its loud). It will boot but shuts down and restarts now sometimes hanging with vid card max out before boot. Does the vid card need more voltage? I have set it at 100, auto and still same thing....as I said, at least now its starting consistently its just not booting or if it does it restarts soon after while in Dos.....what do you recon?

thanks
    Simon

Oh LSD,
    And another thing...it booted again and i noticed that it wants to set the memory to 800....so I dropped the multi back to D4.20 and now I have booted running at 800 instead of 1066 (which is a waste as I just upgraded the ram from the former) and it just ran a 3dmark 06 without crashing.....but I am awaiting something bad to happen :-( Oh its so frustrating!

Yep, sure enough..half way through Vantage we have a restart! It restarts but minus anything on the screen, vid cards fan going all out and just hangs there, like when the gfx card is looking for a driver.....but nothing on screen and no beeps....nothing....tried again and it restarted when I was in bios....Aaaaargh...going to bed.

-Si

Lsdme....asap? You there man? What do you think? is it all over for this board?

bump...

Ok, well since no one is responding....I'll assume I have an audience of which have no solutions......the saga continues.

I managed to flash the bios to the latest F3B using a usb drive. I also set the bios up using the setting suggested by LSDme.

Now things all seem to be working fine including games and 3dmark but only when I use the 8800GT (which requires no extra power)

As soon as I install the 4890, it switches off or reboots with no screen or a white screen.

The card and power supply work fine in my other pc....any ideas?

Could the mb not be sending enough power to the pci express ports?

What PSU do u have?
    GIGABYTE X48-DS4
    Q9550 / CM Hyper 212
    Corsair xms2 PC8500 4gb
    Sapphire 5870
    x-fi platinum
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5 TB
    Cooler Master silent pro M 700W
    HAF 922

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sorry it seems your post was missed!!! If you need more help with this please let us know

Hello there, i have the same motherboard and memory as the OP, and i am experiencing a similar problem.

I ran this machine for about 1.5 years using an e8400.

It started randomly turning off midgame, then started giving me errors when i run programs, and finally now it won't boot all the way to an operating system.

I can sometimes make it into the bios, but it usually freezes or reboots before i can actually do anything. Any ideas? i made it to load optimized defaults, and saved them and it seems to be worse now.

i should add i am using not using the latest bios, i noted that was available, but it says beta next to it. I can try to flash it, but i am worried that the machine will turn off midflash.
    Last edited by godsbane; 07-21-2010 at 01:53 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information