Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help for Wake On LAN, EP45-DS3R

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Need help for Wake On LAN, EP45-DS3R

Quote Originally Posted by australis View Post
    I just use the wakeonlan.me website thru my cell phone. 'cause using it on my home lan is useless in my situation. I need my system to wake on when I'm away. That's why I didn't try wake on lan apps in my lan.
    Just to eliminate the possibility you don't recive the pakets, but you said your old computer had no problem so i guess it's not important.

(I don't have another computer by the way :) )
    I guess that's a pretty good reason LOL.

My driver that came with the motherboard disk is 5.702.806.2008, when updated it changed to 5.682.1122.2007 I have no clue why, and I had problems with it, it would stop working after couple of hours of use (I could not even access the router,) so I rolled it back and I'm happy ever since.

I tried the old drivers. It didn't work! :-| According to many sites out there, realtek nics have issues with WOL. btw I couldn't find an intel nic card here. It's a pity that I have 2 integrated nics and couldn't make them work.

It's a pity that I have 2 integrated nics and couldn't make them work.
    Ahhh rich ppl's problems, more is not always better.

Long shot but worth checking, there is a note in the manual under PME Event Wake Up:
    Note: To use this function, you need an ATX power supply providing at least 1A on the +5VSB lead.

Thanks. I saw that note too. My Seasonic S12 550W psu provides 3A on +5VSb. So that's not the case I guess.

Does the router link led stays on when you are at S3 or S5?
    You may want to make sure your computer recive the WOL packets. The only way to do it I know is with WireShark

Exclamation Re: Need help for Wake On LAN, EP45-DS3R

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Does the router link led stays on when you are at S3 or S5?
    No it doesn't. That's the case exactly. I couldn't make it stay at "on" state after shutdown. My previous MSI board's leds used to blink all the time. I tried all the possible settings related with wol :(

I was talking about the router LED not the one on the motherboared.
    If it's off than it can't work of course.
    Time to contact GIGABYTE suppoert I think.

Well my router's ethernet led stays on (after shut down). But if I reset the router by unplugging it, the same led stays at off. That's why I'm focusing on the leds that are on mainboard.

Ah, btw gigabyte support couldn't help. They just advised me to update my bios to the latest one which is beta! But they're not sure , they just wanted me to give it a try!

Note: Well, I realized my router's ethernet led stays at on "most of the time"! after resets. I guess I have no option left except updating to a beta bios :-/
    Last edited by australis; 07-10-2009 at 03:26 AM. Reason: added note

Ah, btw gigabyte support couldn't help. They just advised me to update my bios to the latest one which is beta! But they're not sure , they just wanted me to give it a try!
    What does it mean "couldn't help?"
    They tell you to update BIOS because it's zero work for them. Now that you have they better start and get moving. Maybe there's a problem with this model, they should check, it's not so commonly used feature. If there is no problem then they should replace it for you.

However, I do recomend you to install WiresShark and see that the WOL packets are sent to your computer.

thank you again for your recommendation. as soon as I get another machine I'll try magic packet bombing my system on the lan ;) if that doesn't help I'll go for the beta bios.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information