Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help for Wake On LAN, EP45-DS3R

Question Need help for Wake On LAN, EP45-DS3R

Hi. I'd like to wake up my system on lan thru internet. But whatever I did I couldn't manage to wake my system up. I set my adsl modem router to route tcp/udp port 7 and 9 to broadcast my home LAN. I also set my NIC's properties from device manager to wake on lan with magic packets. I also set wake up PME and wake on ring enabled in BIOS. So, what are the necessary steps to be taken in order to wake my system on LAN? Is it possible to wake the system up from "off" (not standby, s3) state? By the way I realized something, that my ethernet card is in off state when I shutdown my computer, however it should be on! (no blinking green light even though it's connected to the adsl modem, and the modem is on) I attached some images for you to check what could be wrong. I'll be happy if we manage to wake my system from the internet. Gigabyte support advised me to update my BIOS but they're not sure(!) I'll consider the updating to beta bios as a last resort. Looking forward to your replies. Thank you.

Default Re: Need help for Wake On LAN, EP45-DS3R

Sorry I can't comment on your settings as I don't use Wake-On-Lan. I will say though that I use beta BIOS quite a lot, and they're always extremely stable. Currently using F9L for my UD3P and experiencing no issues.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Chike is offline Senior Member

How do you send the Magic Packet?

You can try Wake-On-LAN Online - Wake up your computer over Internet!. There are many out there ;) My problem is my ethernet card turns off with the computer however it should stay on.

The LEDs on mine turns off too but the router LED is on.
    If I don't disable wake on magic paket only in windows 7 it will wake up after 30-60 seconds, Did my head in till I figured the wake on lan thing.

Do you shutdown your computer or is it in hybrid sleep mode like S3? In S3 my nic stays "on". My previous MSI mainboard (it was also equipped with realtek integrated nic)used to wake up without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by australis View Post
    Do you shutdown your computer or is it in hybrid sleep mode like S3? In S3 my nic stays "on". My previous MSI mainboard (it was also equipped with realtek integrated nic)used to wake up without issues.
    I just tried and it woke up from shutdown too. Different board but I guess yours should too.
    Yes the NIC LED turnes off in S3. In my former Asus boared I think the NIC LED was on when connected to the router, wether it was off or S3. According to the manual it is off also when in 10 MBpas mode, so it doesn't mean it's off.
    Do you only have this problem with shut down, or S3 too?

Well I tried again and it didn't work in either S3 or S5(off) mode. If my nic is like yours, on in 10mb mode then I'm doing something wrong. But I did the necessary settings in the modem. Still stuck...

Can't see how you do something wrong.
    Have you tried with wol or wolcmd? There's a link in wikipedia to it.
    To wake from shut down the "Shutdown Wake On-Lan" should be enabled.
    One thing I noticed about the driver is that both XP and Windows 7 "upgraded" it to an older version from 2007 so i reinstaled the one from the GIGABYTE CD.. I also had connection problems with that version.
    Is that your native MAC address that you are using? I tried both native and another value and both worked, but you never know.
    As for the BIOS, maybe someone with same motherboard/BIOS can test and verify .
    Last edited by Chike; 07-06-2009 at 08:08 AM.

Thanks Chike for sharing your expriences. Maybe my problem is with the drivers. I tried gigabyte's latest and realtek's latest drivers for my nic model. And yes I used my native mac address. So you say I should try older nic drivers? Ok I 'll try the one that came with the cd and look what'll happen. I just use the wakeonlan.me website thru my cell phone. 'cause using it on my home lan is useless in my situation. I need my system to wake on when I'm away. That's why I didn't try wake on lan apps in my lan. (I don't have another computer by the way :) )

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information