Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 790XT-UD4P and OCZ3G1600LV6GK Probs

Default 790XT-UD4P and OCZ3G1600LV6GK Probs

I am having a terrible time getting some ddr3 memory to run at rated speed in the ud4p am3 board :-(

I managed to get it to run individually at its rated 1600 mhz and 1.65 volts (it was detected at 1066 and 1.60) only after applying .125 volts to the spu nb vid. I could not run two sticks to pass memtest even after upping the cpu nb vid to .2! I could only get stability at .15 volts after downclocking the memory to the original detection speed of 1066. Are there any other parameters that I can safely tweak to get rated performance from this ram? Thank you very much in advance!

(i have already posted in the ocz forums, and here is a link to my detailed discussion there Support Question 790XT-UD4P and OCZ3G1600LV6GK Probs - OCZ Forum)

Default Re: 790XT-UD4P and OCZ3G1600LV6GK Probs

Alright, new tests have been completed! I have some good news and bad news.

I managed to make the two sticks run at 1333 mhz by manually setting timings to 8-8-8-25, running + .1 volts on the northbridge, +.15 volts on the cpu nb vid, and the voltage manually set to 1.65 volts for the ram. I tried the same settings after this success with the speed at rated 1600, and failed miserably. Setting the latencies manually to 9-9-9-27 at 1600 failed as well. I am getting pretty sure that this ram just will not function at its rated specs. Seems like exchange material to me. Anyone have final thoughts as to getting this to work?

Thread Information