Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GA-EX58-UD3R Problem

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD3R Problem

Okay now it seems to be working. Ichanged some BIOS settings and now it works okay. I haven't tried playing any games yet, but maybe I'll do it soon.

Hey mate, what bios settings did you change? I have this exact same problem with the same motherboard.

I have AData 3x2gb 1600mhz dimms. Post only shows 4GB, and windows 7 64bit only shows 4GB usable.

In the bios, it sees that RAM is in channels A,B and C. But the tRCD, tRP, tRAS and Command Rate numbers all show N/A for Channel A. I even tried manually specificing slot As settings to match the ones in slot B and C, but no change.

Bloody annoying.
    Last edited by pulsenz; 07-30-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Found out what my issues was, one of my modules were stuffed. Straight out of the packet too. So annoying.

Yeah, that would do it, but also i would like to add, (since i have the same 6gb platinum kit) theyre not XMP kits. sooo, to sum it up, you gotta configure everything manually, including the uncore to run them at 1333 stable in tri channel ;)

Heres my config, you can pretty much set you whole bios like this if you want a 6gb 1333 ocz platinum kit to run stable with a 920 :D

M.I.T:
    CPU Clock ratio = 20
    Advanced CPU Features:
    CPU Clock ratio = 20
    Turbo = Disabled
    Cores Enabled = All
    Multi-Threading = Enabled
    Advanced halt [C1E] = Disabled (can be enabled, but stops chokes noise)
    C3/C6/C7: Disabled (same, can be enabled)
    Thermal monitor = Disabled (by default)
    CPU EIST Function = Disabled
    Virtualisation = Enabled
    BI-Directional PROCHOT = Enabled

(back to main M.I.T Page)
    QPI Link Speed = Auto (4.8Ghz)

UnCore/QPI Features:
    QPI Link Speed = Auto (4.8Ghz)
    UnCore Frequency = 20
    Isochronous Support = Enabled

(back to main M.I.T Page)
    Base Clock Frequency (BCLK) Control = Enabled
    Frequency = 133
    (dont touch the Advanced Clock control page)

Peformance enhance = Standard
    System Memory Multiplier = 10

DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD)
    CAS = 7
    TRCD = 7
    TRP = 7
    TRAS = 20
    Command rate CMD = 1

Dram voltage 1.58, all other voltages set to normal, and be sure peformance enhance is on Standard.
    Like you, my first kit of this stuff was a dud, It would hard restart in my system when stress testing while all 3 pieces was in, i determined that single and dual channel worked ok but tri channel didnt, after I got that kit swapped my pc would run the tri channel with the above bios settings flawlessly :)

edit: ahh Just noticed in your OP that yours is the 1600Mhz kit ><
    You need to set your uncore to run at 3.2ghz, time the ram manually and find the voltage sweetspot (without going over 1.65v) to get yours to run stable :)

edit2: lol, now that ive skimmed through the thread it seems im not saying anthing your not aware of already :P

at least you found the problem
    Last edited by qwertylesh; 07-30-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Well I'v almost had it with this PC. I have been using my PC for surfing / watching tv series and some random **** for about 1 week now, but when I try to play games it just shuts down after about 1 hour of playing. I get no Bluesceen, I get no error messages after it has rebooted to windows. Everything works normally, but I just can't play games. I have tried many different BIOS settins, updated my Graphic card drivers etc etc IT JUST WONT WORK! What is the problem?

Can it be heat? What if I buy a new CPU cooler?
    Can it be PSU? Lets say what if I buy a +600W or greater corsair?
    Can it be mobo? What if I buy a new CPU cooler and new PSU for nothing? What if its a bad mobo?

Can somebody help me with this I'm going crazy and I don't what to do! Please thank you!

If its shutting completely down, its got to be heat or a bad psu, theyre the two most likely problems that will make a system shut off completely.
    other faults will lockup, bsod or hard restart, but not shut off.

it could be your cpu heat sink mounting, next time it happens, touch the heat sink see if its very hot or an acceptable temperature. if its fine, borrow a psu and game with a borrowed psu to see if you still have a problem, insufficient wattage or a faulty psu will shut off a system.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information