Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EX58-UD5 Wont post in triple channel mode

Default Re: EX58-UD5 Wont post in triple channel mode

I've tried raising QPI/VTT voltate manually for all three channels while booted in a dual channel mode up to in .1 increments from 1.15 (stock) all the way up to 1.5v, and then putting the third stick back in and rebooting...ditto with timings. RAM voltage has only been raised up to the manufacturer's specifications of 1.6v.... no joy

all sticks check out in memtest individually.

Must be frustrating for sure...

What I can not see from your comments is if you have set the right settings needed for it to boot.

If you load default BIOS settings your BCLK will be 133 and your memory multiplier will be set for auto and give you a memory speed at 1066 MHz, with some weird cas timings.

You could try this:

Load default settings and then you change memory multiplier to x12 giving you 1600 Mhz and set manuel cas timings to 8-8-8-24. Then Uncore frequenzy needs to be set at twice the memory speed and then next on ladder. This means you set Uncore to x25 = 3333 MHz.

Now you may not be able to boot because these sticks need some more voltage than when set on auto. Try QPI at 1.35 and memory voltage to 1.66. Now this is perhaps not needed, but at least you know that it is not a voltage problem. You can always back down when you get it to boot.

If you tried all this I am sorry that I posted this, but I really can not understand you are not able to boot in triple channel mode, when you are able to boot in dual.

Hope you get this solved asap

Yeah it's the strangest thing, i've manually set the ram timings to 8-8-8-24 and set the voltage to 1.6 and 1.66, with all sorts of different QPI and UCLK combinations, at the stock BCLK but nothing seems to work.

The weird thing is that the computer works fine in dual channel mode, albeit im unable to get really any stable overclocks. In dual channel stock clocks, memory and cpu passed 2hour prime, which i'd imagine would reveal if there were some issues with the hardware itself

DRAM voltage 1.65 ! Not 1.6. I think it does not matter,
    but who knows.
    You talked about only 1.5, which is intresting,
    because with loaded xmp profile still 1.5 volt, but check on ocz homepage: voltage is 1.65.

Here is a cmos setting for you.
    for i920, no overclock, perfectly safe voltages (manual setting)

my bios version is f8f. Now i'm going for the newer released today.

ps: I can't attach bios settings to thread. I don't know, how can I send you this file otherways.
    Intel Core7 920. D0 stepping
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58-extreme/X58A-UD7
    Chieftec Server case
    PSU: Corsair VX550 W
    Scythe Kabuto cpu cooler
    Scythe s-flex ventillation
    RAM: 12GB ocz platinum 1866 9-9-9-27 (running at below 1700 and 8-8-8)
    GPU:Zotac GTX275 AMP! edition
    HDD:4x1tb samsung spinpoint f1
    Mon: 2x Samsung syncmaster 214t PVA 4:3.

EX58-UD5 doesnt allow voltage setting of 1.65, it's either 1.64 or 1.66 which is kind of odd. I tried BIOS F8e today, but didnt really change anything

You have been able to run in triple mode before using other sticks?

If so then I am sure it is a setting problem.

You did remember to set uncore to twice +1 of memory speed = 3333 MHz if running 1600 Mhz?

That is very important because it might not boot if not x2 +1.

When I installed my new OCZ memory the other night and cleared CMOS it would not boot into windows before I had changed settings in BIOS.

Did you try to run 1.45 QPI? Nothing will happen if you run that high - not in short term anyway - do not know what will happen later on though. I am currently running 1800 MHz 8-8-8-24 on my Platinum 1600 MHz 7-7-7-24.

No, i've tried several brands of memory, all of them passed memtest when tested individually or in dual channel mode. Triple channel mode just has never worked.

UCLK was always set to at least double, either when UCLK was set manually, or through auto configure in the BIOS. Even tried having UCLK same as QPI, same result... tried up to 1.5Mhz QPI too.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

About the ram voltage settings, Ya I am not sure why they do that!!! I just use and suggest 1.66 as it is always actual of 1.64x-1.65x depending on the board/BIOS used. If you never used 1.66 with higher QPI voltages then this could be the issue as well as they may need 1.66V Vdimm and 1.35-1.6-1.x QPI/Vtt (Depending on model)

Some memory needs 1.6-1.7 QPI, programmed in XMP that way.

So which memories are we talking about here anyway that you tested up to 1.5 with?

Then again you could be correct, it could just be a faulty board. Hope this is not the case, but you may need to RMA it

1.7mhz QPI-- isn't that a touch high/dangerous?

Currently using this memory, on which i tried up to 1.5 QPI:

Newegg.com - OCZ XMP Ready Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3X1600LV6GK - Desktop Memory
    OCZ XMP Ready Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3X1600LV6GK

<table class="specification" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" class="title">Tech Spec</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="name">Capacity</td> <td class="desc">6GB (3 x 2GB)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="name">Speed</td> <td class="desc">DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="name">Cas Latency</td> <td class="desc">8</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="name">Timing</td> <td class="desc">8-8-8-24</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="name">Voltage</td> <td class="desc">1.65V</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="name">Multi-channel Kit</td> <td class="desc">Triple Channel Kit</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="name">Heat Spreader</td> <td class="desc">Yes</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="name">Features</td> <td class="desc">Designed specifically for the Intel X58 chipset / Core i7

XMP Profile 1:
    1600MHz 8-8-8-24 1.65*

XMP Profile 2:
    1800MHz 9-9-9-28 1.65V*

XTC Heatspreader

* Intel qualified specification ONLY for boards featuring the X58 chipset. All other boards will automatically boot the memory at 1066MHz.
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Sorry to hear about your issue, I have been able to get mine to post with the 8-8-8-24 settings but mine hate the 1800 they will post and boot but on testing fail within ten minutes.

KM
    Rig:
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-EX58-EXTREME Bios F7c
    Chip Core i7 920 with Ultra 120 X2 120mm fans push/pull
    Memory: OCZ XMP 3 x 2GB OCZ3X1600LV6GK
    PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W
    Video: EVGA GTX 285 SSC Edition
    DVD/RW: Liteon iHAS422-08
    Sotrage: 2X Raid 0 SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ TB
    1X SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB
    Case: Thermaltake Spedo.

At the end of the day it is the people you disturbed the most that counts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information