Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me to stop using Easy Tune 6

Default Re: Please help me to stop using Easy Tune 6

Quote Originally Posted by SolidBladez View Post
    When you double-click to open it, the screen will not automatically "pop" up. It merely puts itself in the taskbar. So you have to simply right-click on the icon in the taskbar and click 'show'.

Hope that helps.

Doh! Boy do I feel stupid. The fact that the icons hide by default didn't help the case though...

I was hoping that Easy Tune would let me adjust the case fan speeds (which I have connected to the Mobo). Looks like no joy. I can't find fan control in the BIOS either... could Gigabyte have made such a big oversight? My 10 year old socket 939 board has manual fan control in BIOS for God's sake.... just type in desired RPM and it's good to go.

Anyone know of a non-hardware way to slow the fans down? My rig is way too loud currently.

Thanks for the help!

you CAN control fan speed in EasyTune 6, but your fans have to support it. Most fans don't have the ability to change fan speed in BIOS/Windows.

What I suggest you do is buy a $20 frontbay fan controller, they reduce the voltage on the fans, which slows them down.

Try one of these:
    Newegg.com - fan controller

Core2Duo E8500 E0 @4.25GHz (500x8.5)
    | Windows 7 RC Build 7100 | Visiontek HD4850 OC 685/1100
    Gigabyte
    GA-EP45T-DS3R | 4Gb (2x2Gb) 1333MHz Patriot DDR3 | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC Green
    Antec Earthwatts 500w |
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Screenshots:
    [1][2][3][4][5][6]

Creamsoda,
    If the fan has a feedback signal (3 pin fan), which all of mine are, the motherboard should be able to control the fans using simple PWM. Also, fan control through the mobo is more accurate (can set RPM), vs turning a dial. I appreciate the feedback though!

ps: Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread. Should probably start my own.

Try SpeedFan.

and also, are you sure your 3-pin fans have PWM? If you only have 3 wires, I think you only have ground, +12V, & sense. For PWM, you're gonna need a fan with 4 wires (4-pin).
    Last edited by creamsoda; 07-17-2009 at 11:40 PM.

Core2Duo E8500 E0 @4.25GHz (500x8.5)
    | Windows 7 RC Build 7100 | Visiontek HD4850 OC 685/1100
    Gigabyte
    GA-EP45T-DS3R | 4Gb (2x2Gb) 1333MHz Patriot DDR3 | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC Green
    Antec Earthwatts 500w |
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Screenshots:
    [1][2][3][4][5][6]

Wayno -san instead of PWM try voltage instead...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information