Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EX58-UD3R no more, she's on fire!

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD3R no more, she's on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Jobol View Post
    Thanks for your intervention Nimrod.

What I find weird is that I don't consider I abused of it so much. 1.34 vcore and 1.6vmem, everything else is auto. I consider that a mild voltage change from default.

I will keep you guys posted.
    Ahh beware using "AUTO" at such high overclocks! The BIOS, I believe, attempts to scale things up linearly. AUTO is good and fine usually for the modest overclock but at 4.1Ghz you must take important voltages into your own hands. If it scaled your IOH voltage up too high I can imagine why this may happen.

I agree that the board burning up is strange, there are usually better failsafes to prevent physical damage. I don't think RMA should give you too much trouble. They may not believe what your settings were though stranger things have happened: I remember long ago a PII board I had burned up for no reason. Ended up a stray screw was stuck on the board and shorted the thing out!
    Last edited by demonsavatar; 07-09-2009 at 11:59 PM.
    i7 920 C0/C1 3841A
    24/7 OC: 21x183Mhz = 3.84Ghz @ stock Vcore/QPI voltages
    Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme 1366
    3x2GB OCZ DDR1600 OCZ3P1600LV6GK
    EX58-UD4P BIOS F11
    EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC 55nm 896-P3-1257-AR
    Antec NEO HE 550 Power Supply

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD3R no more, she's on fire!

I will pay attention to the "Auto" setting next time.

And I already had boards shorted by bad contacts with the case or a lose screw. But in this case I assembled the system on the table for testing before putting it inside the case.

Again, thanks all for your replies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information