Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP31-DS3L - phase LED`s flash one time

Default GA-EP31-DS3L - phase LED`s flash one time

Hello there!

I have a strange problem. I assembled my new PC with the following configurations:

GA-EP31-DS3L rev. 1.0
    Core 2 duo E6300
    1GB DDR2 RAM Buffalo select 800Mhz
    ATI HD3450
    SATA 160GB maxtor
    PSU LC POWER LC6600GP

But that doesnt really matter because I have the following problem:

I connected the ATX 12V cable, the 12pin ATX cable, my CPU has a cooler installed and pluged in and I have disconected all hardware, took out RAM moduls, everything - First i tried with hardware put in, but then took it out one by one.
    What my mobo does is: when I switch the button on my PSU to 1 (power on) and then aprox. after 1 second all 4 phase LED`s flash for about a fraction of a second and a strange noise appears (like a klick) - i think it comes from my PSU but not sure. Then when i try to start the PC I cannot even get it to start up with the power button on my tower.
    The PSU works fine, because I have tested it on 2 other computers and its not a lowlife PSU either (but its not highend either). The CPU was taken from another PC, so it should also work fine.

I have searched the web for the meaning of this short phase LED`s flashing but found no answer. If someone could point me the way I would appreciate it very much.

Erik
    Last edited by erik1234; 07-10-2009 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Added the sentence about the CPU

Default Re: GA-EP31-DS3L - phase LED`s flash one time

Make sure there is not a random screw sitting on the motherboard somewhere causing a short.
    You may have to take the heatsink off and pull the CPU out and make sure there are no bent pins.
    Case: Cooler Master Sniper
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750
    UPS: APC CS 500
    CPU: Intel QX9650 3.00 GHZ Cooler: Xigmatek Black Knight
    MB : Gigabyte GA-EP45T-DS3R Rev 1 Bios:F2 Bus:333
    Ram: 4GB (2X2GB) DDR3 Corsair XMS TW3X4G1600C9DHX (9 9 9 24 1.8V ver 3.2)
    GPU: EVGA Nvidia 8800 GTX 768 MB
    HDD: Western Digital Raptor 150GB SATA
    DVD: Memorex CD/DVD Writer 52X/32X/16X
    Display: Sharp LC-42D72U 42 in LCD 60Hz
    Misc: Seagate 300GB SATA Drive in Kingwin hot swap module (used for image backups)

Aha. I will look into it. I was also suspecting that there could be a short, but i havent checked the pins of the CPU. Will do that now.
    Life is beautiful if you make it beautiful

THX a lot. My mobo had a short somewhere. Strange is that i didnt find a screw or a loose end of metal, but nevertheles its working now, lol.

Thanks once again

Erik
    Life is beautiful if you make it beautiful

Thread Information