Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ex58-ud5 wont post

Default Re: ex58-ud5 wont post

Oh see on the page it says "Notebook Service Center" so I figured it would be no use, but what the hell, I'll give it a try and report back.

Hmm, they are closed for the weekend. I wonder if there is any other country I could call?

Anyhow, I'm not sure what magical fix they will come up with, I really have eliminated everything but the motherboard and CPU.

Is it possible it is a bad CPU? Never before have I had a faulty new Intel chip, but could it be?

Back on my first post, does anyone have experience with error codes on the Debug LED? Do the decimal points usually light up?

Thanks
    Mitch

If you was to take the memory out, the sound and vidio card out of your motherboard what would it do? If you haven't tried that already.

I have and I get the same thing. Fans power on, the motherboard power and load LEDs light up, and the debug LED reads "8.8." (fully lit up)

I haven't been able to get the motherboard to respond in any different ways, for better or for worse, it just always acts as I described.

Do you have the latest bios? Might try to flash it and it still doesn't work 88 MB Code = RMA to me.

How do I flash the bios? Wouldn't that require video output to navigate the appropriate menus?I have however cleared the CMOS a number of times.

Well you would have to have the vid card and monitor hooked up but if you can't do that just RMA the board.

sounds like motherboard, did you check you had the right stand offs? when you dropped the board into your case? Might try to hook it up on your desk and see if its a short, otherwise ya sounds like you just need to send the board back. sorry wish i knew more.

Yes I did try it outside of the case to no avail. Thanks a lot for the help you all have given me.

I have given up trying to find a problem. Something must be faulty. My issue now is, if I send it back and they find it to be working, they will charge me. I don't know anyone else with an i7 chip to test it with, so I am finding it quite difficult to diagnose the location of the fault.

Is it possible that the memory is causing this (remember I have 6 sticks and have tried them all one by one. I really doubt they are all broken)? Does my situation look like it could be caused by a memory issue?

Or could the CPU be faulty? I have handled it with the utmost care, but is it possible it would be broken right out of the box?

I ask both of these questions because I don't want to send my motherboard and wait a week, to then be charged and told it isn't faulty, and then after that have to go chase up my CPU supplier for another week!

What would you all do?

I hear you man, I had a similar situation with a fan/temp/card reader. I messed with the card reader for weeks to no avail. They said basically the same thing that if there is nothing you have to pay the labor and shipping both ways if it ok. I basically told them that I wasn't going to spend $50 - $60 for them to tell me it's ok. (that basically what a new one would cost) They emailed me back saying they would waive the labor charges. Any way I decided it was bad by buyin a cheap card reader and it worked right off the bat. Sent it off and repaired for a cost to me of $7 shipping.

Point is you might get them to waive the labor charges. Also if you google code 88 most point to bad motherboard.
    Last edited by Conners; 07-11-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information