Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ex58-ud5 wont post

Default Re: ex58-ud5 wont post

It is possible that it is the CPU but very unlikely.
    If your ram chips require more voltage than the motherboard defaults to then it could prevent a boot. The answer to this is to find a stick of low voltage ram and try it. As I said earlier I had this problem with a P45 board and OCZ memory. I had to get into bios with the cheap stuff and increase voltage and then all was well.
    Different board, different ram, and different chipset so who knows. I would hope that Gigabyte support could tell you if this is possible.
    I think there is a 90% chance that your board is defective.
    Good Luck

Hello,

I have almost the same problem, however I get error code C1 when I turn on the Computer.

Last night it worked fine (as it did for the last 4 to 5 months).

Installed Hardware:
    GA-EX58-UD5
    OCZ Platinum XTC 6 GB, PC3-10666 Kit of 3
    Intel Core i7 920
    Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 1000W

Nice to hear you got up and running Napoleon82. Sadly, I am having no such luck.

Just a question, do you recall when the error code was displayed, did the decimal points light up on the LED?

Anyhow, Monday morning I'm going to send it back to the retailer. My memory doesn't exceed 1.65V (i found that number somewhere, i think its the limit) so lets just hope our suspicion is right and the mobo is faulty.

Cheers guys.

I've only got the C1 without dots.

What I meant in my post was: My PC worked fine until this morning.
    So I'm in almost the same situation as you are.

Sent an mail to the GB tech-support. Hope they'll have a solution that doesn't involve replacement.

Oh i seee. Bad luck.

What I find interesting about my case is that error code 88 isnt listed in the book, and that the decimal points light up. The entire two 7-segment displays light up. I don't think I am actually seeing Error Code "88", but instead because the entire display lights up, it has another meaning.

However for your information, C1 is:

Detect memory
    - Auto-detection of DRAM size, type and ECC
    I think your memory has blown pal. Maybe try some new sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchsw View Post
    I think your memory has blown pal. Maybe try some new sticks.
    The problem is:
    - When I send my memory modules to the retailer for RMA and there's nothing wrong with it, they'll charge me for it.
    - When I send my MB to the retailer for RMA and there's nothing wrong with it, The'll chare me for it.

So I think I'll have to wait until monday so I can make some "arrangement" so they won't charge me.

OR

I'l have to wait for the answer from the Tech support from GB (I sent them an email with my problem described in it)
    Last edited by Napoleon82; 07-12-2009 at 05:19 PM.

look in your manual for ud5 and it tells you the error codes. 88 might be ram, i cant find my book, ill look, try just 3 sticks, oh and make sure you put them in the right slots, the white ones

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information