Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-EX58-UD3R reboots over and over

Default GA-EX58-UD3R reboots over and over

Brand new board refuses to post. The led's light up the fan spins for 3-4 seconds then it shuts down and repeats the process until I kill the power. I've tried 3 types of DDR3 from Crucial, Supertalent, Elpida. The CPU and power supply both work with my Foxcon board so those aren't the problem. Has anyone who's had this issue which apparantly is quite a common occurrence with Gigabytes X58 boards been able to solve this issue? Thanks in advance

Default Re: GA-EX58-UD3R reboots over and over

Hey mate, about to post a new topic about what i did - but i thought id post here too
    Long story short - just built a new comp with the ex58-ud4p and had the same kinda re-booting issues.
    Comp would start up and reboot randomly - was driving me insane.
    I checked everything like you said - ram, power supply, GPU - even pulled it apart to make sure there was no earthing/short circuit problem.

Anyway - i was reading up and alot of people with these types of Gigabyte motherboards seem to be having the same problem - and from a post (which i must track down to thank the poster) i believe i fixed my problem

For me the constant restarting problems were resolved by removing the front case circuitry from the motherboard - i basically unplugged the cases restart button - sounds kinda wierd i know!

If this works on your motherboard (fingers crossed) then this seems to be a problem with a lot of the new motherboards.

TL;DR - try unpluging the cases front circuitry from the Mobo :)

I'll give it a shot tonight thanks

Well that didn't work, it looks like it's another bad Gigabyte motherboard.

have you tried clearing the cmos?
    i7 950, Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R (2.0), 3x4GB G.Skill PC3-12800, HD 6970

Your problem is strongly indicative of PSU problems. If possible try it with a different PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by genec57 View Post
    Your problem is strongly indicative of PSU problems. If possible try it with a different PSU.
    YOU THE MAN! tried it one last time with a different psu and it booted up. Thankyou, the odd thing is that it wouldn't boot with a 500 watt psu but with a 380 watt Antec Earthwatts all is good. I came so close to sending this board back.

Power supplies are funny. They can act great and work perfectly with one system and then fail completely with another.
    Glad it worked for you.
    With an advanced system like yours I would get a replacement with substantially more than 380 watts. My Corsair Hx 620 handles everything I can throw at it.

Ya my wife wants her power supply back, I'm going to the local Micro center tonight. I had a Corsair in mind as a matter of fact, I've heard good things about them. Thanks again.

Try to get a hold of the newer HX750 or HX850 if you can. Even better voltage stability and lower ripple than the HX 620 and HX 520. They are a bit noisier though, but not by much.

The new HX additions are also some of the most efficient PSU's there are. Mine hits 91% on 230V AC, and should do 89% on 120V AC.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information