Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EX58-UD4P, Constant random rebooting - my problems and how i fixed it

Default EX58-UD4P, Constant random rebooting - my problems and how i fixed it

Hey guys, just thought id post up in here about my problems with my new EX58-UD4P. I hope this doesnt answer something that already has been explained.

Put together my new computer the other day and it was running sweet for ages - thought it was almost too good to be true that i hadnt had one hic-up!

Anyway, this was short lived as whilst i was running a game the computer randomly restarted. This then continued every time the computer started to boot up - happening randomly, sometimes it would restart in 5 seconds, other times i would get all the way to the desktop.

I spent pretty much the entire next day (yah for my day off..) trying to work out what was wrong with the computer. I literally did everything i could, checked all my ram, swapped GPU's, checked the power supply, pulled apart the computer to make sure there was no earthing/shorting problems and basically i concluded that it was motherboard related, by this stage i had read on numerous forums that people were having the same kind of issues with this motherboard and ones of a similar type.

Anyway - almost 23 hours after it first started resetting itself i finally read one forum in which some guy explained that he had the problem and what fixed it for him, of all the things, was unplugging his cases front circuitry(Note - he had an Antec 900, i have a CoolerMaster HAF, therefore unlikely to be case related). sounded strange to me but by that stage i was willing to try anything - i just couldn't be bothered RMA'ing it.

Well i did this and it worked! i am now hapily typing to you from my new computer :).

In the end i was able to re connect all front circuitry bar the reset button.

Just as a question - does anyone know if this problem is a model wide problem? Would it be likely that Gigabyte would rectify or acknowledge this if it is not a one off? im hardly going to pull it out n go for a warranty if all i get back is the same thing

Thanks, and if anyone has the same problem - i hope it helps!

EDIT: - just read the admin post about RMA , just thought id add that in no way am i discrediting gigabyte, so i hope this isnt 'breaching rules' where i ask the above questions -gig boards - love there boards etc and always use them! - this really is a small problem and has no way made me think twice about GB
    Last edited by PyroPope; 07-12-2009 at 12:10 PM.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: EX58-UD4P, Constant random rebooting - my problems and how i fixed it

EDIT: - just read the admin post about RMA , just thought id add that in no way am i discrediting gigabyte, so i hope this isnt 'breaching rules' where i ask the above questions -gig boards - love there boards etc and always use them! - this really is a small problem and has no way made me think twice about GB
    RMA is mentioned in posts as a possible or suggested option, and this is not a problem. What IS a problem is if one discusses issues or problems related to their RMA experience. As the RMA discussion banned post states:
    From now on, RMA discussion is totally and 100% banned. This is not a forum that you can use as a public stage to discredit GIGABYTE if you are having return or replacement issues. Janus is here to solve tech support issues and that is it.

If GIGABYTE refuses to RMA your product, take it up with them directly and not here. Any threads of such nature will be deleted and you will be banned straight away and without question.

We are here to offer an excellent resource for tech support questions, not to infect it with RMA anger and what not which is just something we don't need here.
    Just my 2 cents .... I'm not part of the TweakTown administration, just a forum member.
    Hopefully I won't be spanked or banned for interpreting the rules.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Default Re: EX58-UD4P, Constant random rebooting - my problems and how i fixed it

sorry but what is the fix?

Hahah - should of written a TL;DR down the bottom for those who didnt want the back story!

TL;DR - i unplugged the cases reset button's front circuitry from the board

seems to be an error where something else happening on the board makes it think its been reset :S
    Specs:
    i7 920
    GB EX58-UD4P
    Nvidia Geforce GTX285
    6gig DDR3 RAM

Thread Information