Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't wake with USB wireless desktop or PS2 wired

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Can't wake with USB wireless desktop or PS2 wired

FB BIOS is available for your board, I posted it here and it is in the BIOS sticky. Not sure that it will help S3 resume but I would try that first.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...tml#post306287

And you do need to enabled S3 in the BIOS and enabled power on by mouse click as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax2911 View Post
    For your information the setting I was referring to earlier was the Legacy USB storage detect setting in the BIOS. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Its mentioned in several posts here is and example http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/3-6g...p-q6600-32446/
    I cant find the post that warned of problems with the setting in certain situations but my advise remains choose disabled first then if something requires it then enable (like boot to USB device).
    Max out
    Well, D'oh! 'If not one thing, it's another'.

I disabled the USB Keyboard Function & USB Mouse Function (both say "enable to allow use with MSDOS" so I assumed that would mean "Legacy".
    Humm,,, I see a "USB Function Detect" Says: "Detects USB storage devices during boot like flash drives & USB hard drives", this doesn't seem "Legacy" to me. I don't see anything that says, "Legacy USB storage detect". I assume we're in the "Integrated Peripherals Section" of the BIOS.
    Right
    I found a mention in oldgeek's post, at the link above, concerning a GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1; F9 BIOS and a setting "Legacy USB Storage Detect", but that's not in my BIOS. Mine is rev FA, ...seems they change the terminology with the BIOS version.

I later found that I needed to enable the "USB Keyboard Function" (MSDOS Legacy) to get use of the "boot Menu"...had no control without it.

Thank You,

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

USB Storage Function is Legacy USB Storage Detect, they just renamed it in the newer BIOS's as of late is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    USB Storage Function is Legacy USB Storage Detect, they just renamed it in the newer BIOS's as of late is all.
    I guess I must be getting old.... booting from a flash drive is now considered legacy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information