Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems




  1. #11

    Default Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy0 View Post
    ...but why would that stuff hard drives because its wiped the mbr?
    Sorry but not sure what you are asking.
    QX9650 batch L739A761/ GA-EP45-UD3P/ Kingston KHX9200 4x1G

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

    ok its like my 500 gig drive has lost the boot partition at the beginning of the drive. is it possible that when i tried to install xp that when it formatted the drive that it removed that and seen it didnt reboot correctly it stuffed my drive

  3. #13
    MadMax2911's Avatar
    MadMax2911 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy0 View Post
    ok its like my 500 gig drive has lost the boot partition at the beginning of the drive. is it possible that when i tried to install xp that when it formatted the drive that it removed that and seen it didnt reboot correctly it stuffed my drive
    I do not think your drive is bad, just in need of a reformat either with the windows cd or with a third party software like partion magic (formats and creates partions). Maybe you could go here for more specific advice in the tweak guide PDF for windows or vista it will help explain basic questions about formatting and installing OS here is link TweakGuides.com just DL the PDF and use adobe reader to open it go to installing windows section for more help or to answer questions about reformat and install or RAID installs etc...
    There may be some freewares tools available on majorgeeks website- lots of free cool stuff and a forum too!! MajorGeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities.

    Installing in non AHCI and non RAID mode settings in the BIOS would be the easy way to just reformat and install any OS that you have. Easy is good then you can study about other installation methods and the like
    Madmax out.......radio noise and silence.
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

    Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB




  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax2911 View Post
    I do not think your drive is bad, just in need of a reformat either with the windows cd or with a third party software like partion magic (formats and creates partions). Maybe you could go here for more specific advice in the tweak guide PDF for windows or vista it will help explain basic questions about formatting and installing OS here is link TweakGuides.com just DL the PDF and use adobe reader to open it go to installing windows section for more help or to answer questions about reformat and install or RAID installs etc...
    There may be some freewares tools available on majorgeeks website- lots of free cool stuff and a forum too!! MajorGeeks.com - Download Freeware and Shareware Computer Utilities.

    Installing in non AHCI and non RAID mode settings in the BIOS would be the easy way to just reformat and install any OS that you have. Easy is good then you can study about other installation methods and the like
    Madmax out.......radio noise and silence.

    That is correct. I know how to normally install windows etc, but i have a problem that i cannot fix which is, the sata connection If I have one sata cable connected to one drive in sataI0 it will boot up fine, but as soon as i add a second cable and drive bios will not recognise the second hard drive, or thrid drive. to me looking at it its looks like the sata drivers are screwed im probably wrong.

    I have just installed Ubuntu on my 500 gig drive (the one where windows and bios wont recognise when plaug in as a second drive), but i want to get it back running with xp as i dont know enought about linux to run it

  5. #15
    MadMax2911's Avatar
    MadMax2911 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

    have you tried googling your problem? there should be someone out there that has had a simliar problem???
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

    Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB




  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

    yes i have been googling it.

    i managed to get my 500 gig drive installed but it keeps reverting to 130gig size, there is something wrong with my motherboard im sure of it, as when i swap the cables around anything pluged into sata2 plug is not seen

    is there anywhere that i can download the sata drivers for the controller this has been going on for a week + now and im getting to the point where im going to take the whole box outside and attack it with a hammer.

  7. #17
    MadMax2911's Avatar
    MadMax2911 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy0 View Post
    yes i have been googling it.

    i managed to get my 500 gig drive installed but it keeps reverting to 130gig size, there is something wrong with my motherboard im sure of it, as when i swap the cables around anything pluged into sata2 plug is not seen

    is there anywhere that i can download the sata drivers for the controller this has been going on for a week + now and im getting to the point where im going to take the whole box outside and attack it with a hammer.
    Well, I personally would like to see what brand and model number of hard drives we are talking about first of all. Could you please DL and run Belarc advisor and post some information on your drives and controllers. please include any other pertinant information (unusual software installed unusual hardware installed etc.).
    Also , are you sure you updated your BIOS acording to the guide provided in the main Gigabyte section??. found here http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
    Also How long have you had the PC 1 week? 1 year has it always been operating this way?
    Sorry I just saw the other information about your having it for two years. (EDIt) please give a brief history of your problem. Starting out with, I was playing a game and all of a sudden the computer shuts down you know what I mean???
    Or I just bought two hard drives and they will not work at all OMG? You know give us some information that we can use to help us help you. Also, useful is my hard drive dissapears and then it re appears for no reason??? Or it just stopped detecting drives after a BIOS update???? (one of the BIOs updates applies to hard drives and the correct detection of size of the drive). Sorry about the spelling I am at work right now.
    Max out
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 07-16-2009 at 04:15 AM. Reason: more info
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

    Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB




  8. #18
    MadMax2911's Avatar
    MadMax2911 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    369

    Default Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

    Hi again I just read this from early in post. Have you tried a new SATA cord or wiggling your power connectors while in the BIOS?? early SATA data cables are usually suspect for bad connections.

    MOBO: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1
    Hrd drives: current C drive WD2500JD
    Seagate Barracuda 250 P/N 9BJ13E-305
    WD 5000AAKS

    Lite On DVD CD Rewriteable - SHM-165H6S04C
    more infor in above post
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 07-16-2009 at 04:24 AM. Reason: more info
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

    Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB




  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

    heya yeah i hve tried that

    and im bout to turn my machine on in the next little while i had enough of it the other day so left it, ill download belrac now and set the tower up

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

    ok i have the report wat information do u want to see off it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •