Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

Default Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

This is the report after turning on the system in the "good config"

Operating System System Model
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
    Install Language: English (United States)
    System Locale: English (New Zealand) Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    P35-DS3R
    Enclosure Type: Desktop
    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    2.40 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    4096 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Not hyper-threaded Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P35-DS3R
    Bus Clock: 266 megahertz
    BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F13d 03/11/2009
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    750.16 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    738.15 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]
    3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD2500JD-00HBB0 [Hard drive] (250.06 GB) -- drive 0, s/n
    WD-WCAL72051919, rev 08.02D08, SMART Status: Healthy
    WDC WD5000AAKS-00TMA0 [Hard drive] (500.11 GB) -- drive 1, s/n
    WD-WMAPW1418188, rev 12.01C01, SMART Status: Healthy 2048 Megabytes
    Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 1024 MB
    Slot 'A1' is Empty
    Slot 'A2' has 1024 MB
    Slot 'A3' is Empty
    Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0)137.43 GB125.58 GB free
    e: (NTFS on drive 0)112.63 GB112.56 GB free
    f: (NTFS on drive 1)500.11 GB500.01 GB free

Please note C DRIVE IS PARTITIONED

This is the report AFTER I had connected the 3rd drive to which the machine would not boot to/past BIOS. I then unpluged the cable to the 3rd drive then rerun Belarc to find that it would only see the C DRIVE

Operating System System Model
    Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
    Install Language: English (United States)
    System Locale: English (New Zealand) Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    P35-DS3R
    Enclosure Type: Desktop
    Processor a Main Circuit Board b
    2.40 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    4096 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Not hyper-threaded Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P35-DS3R
    Bus Clock: 266 megahertz
    BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F13d 03/11/2009
    Drives Memory Modules c,d
    250.06 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    238.05 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S SCSI CdRom Device [CD-ROM drive]
    3.5" format removeable media [Floppy drive]

WDC WD2500JD-00HBB0 [Hard drive] (250.06 GB) -- drive 0, s/n
    WD-WCAL72051919, rev 08.02D08, SMART Status: Healthy 2048 Megabytes
    Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'A0' has 1024 MB
    Slot 'A1' is Empty
    Slot 'A2' has 1024 MB
    Slot 'A3' is Empty
    Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0)137.43 GB125.49 GB free
    e: (NTFS on drive 0)112.63 GB112.56 GB free

This is the controllers etc.

Controllers Display
    Standard floppy disk controller
    Intel(R) ICH9 Family 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 2 - 2926
    Intel(R) ICH9R/DO/DH 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller 1 - 2920
    Primary IDE Channel [Controller] (2x)
    Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] (2x) NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
    [Display adapter]
    COMPAQ 7550 [Monitor] (15.7"vis, June 2003)
    Bus Adapters Multimedia
    GIGABYTE GBB36X Controller
    Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2934
    Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2935
    Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2936
    Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2937
    Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2938
    Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2939
    Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293A
    Intel(R) ICH9 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 293C Realtek
    High Definition Audio
    Virus Protection [Back to Top] new Group Policies
    No details available None discovered
    Communications Other Devices

MadMax2911 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy0 View Post
    Hello thank you for replying
    first off i turned off the AHCI i can now see my cd drive
    I built this machine 2 yrs ago.
    I tried to make a raid out of the 2 250 gig drives when i did this the wd500 was not connected to the mother board.
    the raid failed to be made, so i replaced the wd 500 to the motherboard to use as the c drive, and it would not and still will not show.
    is there a controller or something along those lines for the sata connectors?
    So in total you have three hard drives one 500 gig and two 250 gigs. Do you have any other hard drives at all (SATA)??? Now if you connect one of the 250 gig drives to your known good connection on your mobo and get into the BIOS can you see the drive?? (also assuming you have SATA RAID/AHCI disabled still in your BIOS). I am trying to see if you have bad port(s) on your mobo. Can you borrow a SATA drive from a friend or relative? This is so your can see if its your mobo or your hard drives that are malfunctioning. This is called parts swapping for testing purposes.
    One other thing if you hook up a known good 500 in another port like number 2 or 3 can you see it in the BIOS???
    Have you run any Virus scans at all (assuming you have it installed). If not, go to this site to do a virus scan http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/WelcomePage.asp It will run in your borwser after updating the virus signatures. If you already have a scanner you can do this last but still do it as it rechecks you system for known virus infestations.
    EDIT post at 852 AM................:)
    As far as the Array that you created in the past did you dismantle the array before proceeding with other install attempts or using the drives for other purposes? Its just a thought but if the drives are still configured as RAID devices maybe thats the problem???
    Max out
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 07-18-2009 at 11:53 PM. Reason: add thoughts
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax2911 View Post
    So in total you have three hard drives one 500 gig and two 250 gigs. Do you have any other hard drives at all (SATA)??? Now if you connect one of the 250 gig drives to your known good connection on your mobo and get into the BIOS can you see the drive?? (also assuming you have SATA RAID/AHCI disabled still in your BIOS). I am trying to see if you have bad port(s) on your mobo. Can you borrow a SATA drive from a friend or relative? This is so your can see if its your mobo or your hard drives that are malfunctioning. This is called parts swapping for testing purposes.
    One other thing if you hook up a known good 500 in another port like number 2 or 3 can you see it in the BIOS???
    Have you run any Virus scans at all (assuming you have it installed). If not, go to this site to do a virus scan Free Virus Scan - Free Antivirus Software | Norton Security Scan It will run in your borwser after updating the virus signatures. If you already have a scanner you can do this last but still do it as it rechecks you system for known virus infestations.
    EDIT post at 852 AM................:)
    As far as the Array that you created in the past did you dismantle the array before proceeding with other install attempts or using the drives for other purposes? Its just a thought but if the drives are still configured as RAID devices maybe thats the problem???
    Max out
    I have tried switching the drives around yes.
    how do you mean did i dismantle the array? i went back into the bios and changed all the settings back to sata non raid and reinstalled xp . I have no viruses on the system

Code:
    how do you mean did i dismantle the array? i went back into the bios and changed all the settings back to sata non raid and reinstalled xp . I have no viruses on the system
    Excuse me If I am in error but when a drive is configured to be in an array you are telling the drives and the hardware to recognise the drives as RAID drives. I have had an array set up and I always went back in to the BIOS of RAID hardware and "Deleted the ARRAY" And this tells the array of drives to not be an array.
    I just thought I would ask about it is all I want to cover all my bases. Then I would use the manufacturer Software (western digital or Seagate ) to format the drive again or also to check the drive for errors, (hard drives do get bad spots at different locations).
    Next question is have you installed any hardware lately and do you have adequate cooling in the case? Have you cleaned the dust out of the case recently??
    Have you overclocked the system recently??
    Did the problem start after certain changes that were made to the system???
    Do you have a heat sink on the Southbridge chip??

Max out
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

ok yeah in the bios theres no raids even in the array side of it i cant find anything anywhere showing the name that i made it

the case is all good theres no problems with heat no new hardware has been installed and i have run all the software from the hard drive makers to reformat i did that with the 500 gig drive restarted it showed as 500 gigs i finished for the night next day turnd on machine and it said it was 130 gigs again

ok yeah in the bios theres no raids even in the array side of it i cant find anything anywhere showing the name that i made it

the case is all good theres no problems with heat no new hardware has been installed and i have run all the software from the hard drive makers to reformat i did that with the 500 gig drive restarted it showed as 500 gigs i finished for the night next day turnd on machine and it said it was 130 gigs again
    Please Run the diagnostic utilities from this page and copy and paste results, if there are issues Hard Drive Diagnostic Utilities - Tech Support Forum
    Also this under reporting sounds like the Servcice pack you are running is sp1 which only is capable of detecting drive up to 130 gigs. or your bios update may not be a "good "flash. your bios updates page may have some clues i will recheck tonight. but run the diagnostics first please.
    max out

First of all you stated this .....
    Code:
    I have tried switching the drives around yes.
    Did you ask around your family or your friends regarding borrowing a hard drive just to test for detection?? What was the result? cant borrow any hard drives? Y/N? Have you tried the Manufacture"s Diagnostic Program like I asked you to do?? What was the result??
    Have you overclocked the system recently??Y/N
    Does the south bridge have a heat sink on it??Y/N

Also when I stated this
    Code:
    Also this under reporting sounds like the Service pack you are running is sp1 which only is capable of detecting drive up to 130 gigs.
    I found its win xp w/no SP installed as explained in this thread The 137 GB barrier and DDO - Tech Support Forum

However, you have SP3 installed now so I am puzzled, according to the Belarc report. Do you have win xp SP3 on a disc or did you update to SP3?? (and SP1 and SP2??). I am about ready to hang it up there seems to be too many problems here for me.
    Max out

ok
    i thank you for your time trying to help me.

it has sp3, i only have sp1 on cd and then updated thru windows update to sp2 and then to sp3, also being via windows update.

I have no other access to any other drives, only swapping the ones i have around.

and yes i have run the diagnostics on all 3 drives with the appropriate software to manufacturers. I actually had done that 2 weeks ago. but as i dont have a floppy drive im not sure how to get a "Report" the drives all report being ok, other than the 500 drive had lost its MBR, so i did a full reformat to factory settings and it said it had renewed the MBR.

im at my wits end i just want to know why when i plug 3 sata cables into my motherboard why it cant see them.

ok
    i thank you for your time trying to help me.

it has sp3, i only have sp1 on cd and then updated thru windows update to sp2 and then to sp3, also being via windows update.

I have no other access to any other drives, only swapping the ones i have around.

and yes i have run the diagnostics on all 3 drives with the appropriate software to manufacturers. I actually had done that 2 weeks ago. but as i dont have a floppy drive im not sure how to get a "Report" the drives all report being ok, other than the 500 drive had lost its MBR, so i did a full reformat to factory settings and it said it had renewed the MBR.

I am at my wits end i just want to know why when i plug 3 sata cables into my motherboard why it cant see them.
    I am about out of suggestions, as I think I have covered just about every possible way of trying to help you (save going over to your house and pulling my hair out too ). Are you sure you replaced the SATA cables with new(oh you swapped them around right?)
    EDIT POST-->> WAIT WAIT DONT BUY A HARD DRIVE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!EDIT POST
    You can spend 100.00 for a PC tech diagnosis or 100.00 on a new hard drive with new SATA cable your choice. That should tell you all you need to know. I would hate for you to find out its a 3.00 SATA cable problem,
    Try the new drive in the good port first then the others. That should tell you if its a drive or data (SATA) cable problem or a MOBO problem(or BIOS problem).
    EDIT POST [Just realised its your mobo thats not right cuz all evdence that we have points to it as bad, assuming you have performed all the tests that were advised] I have a i945 mobo that had a SATA port go bad too so its possible. I will tell you the story wen i have more time. check out the ep45-ud3p or R boards skip th ud3lr boards.
    PS where did you get the F13b BIOS anyway gigabyte says only F13 available?
    EDIT POST__>> WAIT READ UPDATE TO POST ABOVE DONT BUY A DRIVE YET.
    Max out
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 07-24-2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: realised it s mobo problem

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information