Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

Default Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

i got the bios f13 from gigabyte website. when it installed thats the name of it

MadMax2911 is offline Member

Due to your telling me that your mobo can only detect drives either one at a time or on only one port then thats the clue we need to solve this problem. Provided all the drives are good drives and your mobo can only see them in one port (at least thats what I heard from you) then your mobo has the problem. Now you can try reflashing your BIOS but I dont know that if that will help. You could try downgrading your BIOS to f12 version to see if it helps at all. I could not hurt in my opinion(provided you do it right according to the guide (sticky) in the gigabyte main section shown here

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/ ...)
    You may have to buy another mobo to solve this problem or RMA if still in warranty period. You could just operate the system "as is" and add your drives in another way I will add more info later
    Max
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 07-26-2009 at 01:01 AM. Reason: more info
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

mmm well i have tried it thart way and also use @bios, which i have no problems with.

u might have misunderstood what i have been trying to say iots when i have 3 drives plugged in it cant see the 3rd

Hi again you said this here
    Code:
    im at my wits end i just want to know why when i plug 3 sata cables into my motherboard why it cant see them.
    which sounds like you can not see any drives in the BIOS correct? BIOS sees nothing however if they are configured as AHCI drives they will be seen in the Intel BIOS screen that shows for a few minutes upon booting (this is how mine are setup AHCI mode- NCQ support and hot plug capability) However, if your drives are using the basic windows drivers they SHOULD be seen in the BIOS (ACHI/RAID setting disabled). If they are not seen in the BIOS then you have a BIOS or board problem, IMO. Here is the solution for your board do a full bios flash according to instructions here http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
    If this does not solve your problem then you have a motherboard problem that I can not fix I am sorry but you need to RMA or purchase a new board. Or simply plug up the bad port and do not use it anymore.
    EDIT try ACHI mode if you have it

Max out
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 07-27-2009 at 12:14 AM. Reason: info
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

hiya thanks for your help with my probs

this is where im up to now
    1, I have reflashed bios back to F9 , yes using the instructions from the link that you passed to me on one of the last postings you sent.

2, replugged in all my sata drives and rebooted, bios sees all the drives - 3 sata (2x250gig 1x500gig) and my lite on cd dvd rom drive.

3, on the post screen after it finds all drives etc it sits there, its at about the time when it looks at the DMI files? where it verifies them on boot up. so im lost for what now.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy0 View Post
    hiya thanks for your help with my probs

this is where im up to now
    1, I have reflashed bios back to F9 , yes using the instructions from the link that you passed to me on one of the last postings you sent.

2, replugged in all my sata drives and rebooted, bios sees all the drives - 3 sata (2x250gig 1x500gig) and my lite on cd dvd rom drive.

3, on the post screen after it finds all drives etc it sits there, its at about the time when it looks at the DMI files? where it verifies them on boot up. so im lost for what now.
    And so it stops booting or what I am trying to figure out exactly what you are saying . Do you have a successful boot or does it hang? What?
    Just explain the screen that you see and the actions that are taking place. Why go all way to F9 BIOS? why not F10 or F11??
    max out

Unhappy Re: GA P35 DS3R Revision 1 problems

i went back to F9 because that was the last bios version i had that was working correctly.

if i have 2 hard drives connected it boots correctly into XP Pro and i have no problems, as soon as i add the 3rd hard drive it will start to the point where it recognises all the 3 drives and lists the masters and slaves and then just sits there when it would normally come up with the DMI thingy at the bottom of the bios

eg:

C drive and D drive = boots correctly
    C drive and E drive = boots correctly
    C drive and D and E drives = Hangs on Bios and will not boot into windows

Well we have tested the hard drives and found no problems. We have investigated the Windows not detecting HD size properly and found that it does not apply in this case. We have disabled ACHI and fixed the CD-DVD detection problem. We have checked the cables for loose/bad connections and found none. you have tried googleing the problem without success. Have we tried removing most of the hardware and restarting to see if it boots (to eliminated extra components causing problems) like they suggest here
    Vistal Install with GA-p35-ds3r SATA issues And here ->mechBgon's guide for first-time PC builders... Benchtesting the motherboard/CPU assembly
    and here Bench test mobo, power-on problems - TechSpot OpenBoards
    Tried modifying the BIOS by changing settings like here ->Vistal Install with GA-p35-ds3r SATA issues
    checking which port you are plugged in to like here (SATA ports) ->http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/comp...reezing-33187/
    To be honest I think you have a bad board now and I would try replacing it first or RMA if you can. A new motherboard will most likely fix your issue and you will have all good parts left over to use. But if you only replace a hard drive to attempt to fix then you may need to buy a mobo too anyway? So as I have other things to attend to I will leave you to your own devices and say farewell. Good luck and do not forget to let all of us know if we have helped you to fix your problem. after all we are donating our time to help you and you could give us back a solution in your reply as gratitude.
    Madmax out

thanks alot for your time and help ill see what can be done now with the finances and save up for a new board
    thanks again for your time and help

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information