Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Could this be my PSU or my GA-EP45-DS3R?

Default Re: Could this be my PSU or my GA-EP45-DS3R?

Hey, I'm doing just that. I had the battery out and connected the HDD jumper to the CMOS pins. I'm going to leave it that way until Sunday (that'd be 48 hours) and give it one last shot.

Well, I gave it one last shot 48 hours later and it continued to give me the short ticks. It's time to send the board in.

Good news. My system is functioning again. It was the board. I was about to send it in, but was very surprised to find that Gigabyte's headquarter in the U.S is only a 15 min drive for me. I dropped it off late Wednesday afternoon and they took care the board for me in less than 2 days...wow.

Here's something strange. I've always had the ram voltage for my Crucial Ballistix PC-6400 set at 2.0, which is the correct voltage for this ram. Well, I tried to set the voltage back to 2.0 and my system went into reboot loop and I got this continuous short beeps coming from the mobo/case speaker, which meant power error. I had to use the 1 stick method to get back into BIOS and set everything at AUTO. My system seems to be fine now at AUTO settings. I might have to do some Memtest later. Is it ok to leave it at AUTO since my system isn't overclocked?

Yes it's ok to leave the DRAM voltage on AUTO. If you're really worried, you can always check in EasyTune6 to see what voltage it is set to.

Core2Duo E8500 E0 @4.25GHz (500x8.5)
    | Windows 7 RC Build 7100 | Visiontek HD4850 OC 685/1100
    Gigabyte
    GA-EP45T-DS3R | 4Gb (2x2Gb) 1333MHz Patriot DDR3 | 1.14TB (640+500gb) WDC Green
    Antec Earthwatts 500w |
    Antec Nine Hundred
    Screenshots:
    [1][2][3][4][5][6]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information