Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP43-UD3L . Sensor Problems or a defective and dieing Board??? Please help

Question GA-EP43-UD3L . Sensor Problems or a defective and dieing Board??? Please help

I have been having some weird things going on with this board or the software, not sure which yet. I built this system a little over three months ago and so far so good. It has been a very solid stable system and it still is.
    But for the past couple of weeks or so for no reason at all the fan failure warning buzzer in Easy Tune has been going off for no reason at all. It only does this after i have had the pc on for a couple of hours. Actually that isn't correct, this pc is on almost 24/7 but i'm not always in the room so i don't notice it. It is a very random thing, it just does this when ever it feels like it.

I know for sure that all 6 fans are working because i can see and hear them. I have also checked the temps with a non-contact infrared thermometer and all is well.
    At first i thought it was just Easy Tune acting up. But i use several different kinds of monitoring software Easy Tune, Everest Ultimate, Speed Fan, Real Temp, and HWMonitor, Etc.

The first few times the alarm in Easy Tune went off i would just reboot the pc and things would go back to normal. I didn't even think to check Everest i would just reboot. Now when it does it i always check easy tune and Everest just to make sure.
    At the moment Easy Tune is only showing 3 of the usual 4 fans, it says CPU fan @2490 , Power @1415 , and system 2 fan @1950. And Everest is only showing 2 fans "Chassis#2" at 7500 rpm and power supply at 4054rpm and no CPU fan. I don't think it is even physically possible for either of these fans to spin that fast. The fan warning thing got so annoying that i had to disable the smart fan mode in easy tune as well as the smart fan control in the bios.

The board and system are functioning perfectly fine except for this weird problem. Does anybody out there have a clue as to what could be going on here? I certainly do not. Could this be a sign that the mother board could be going bad? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated
    Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L [rev: 1.0] Bios F1
    Intel Q6700 G0 @3100Mhz
    Masscool 8W553 HSF, with OCZ Freeze
    8Gb Kingston PC6400 @ 951Mhz
    2 x Western Digital 1TB Black
    2 x Hitachi 1TB HD3100
    1 Seagate 7200.10 750GB HD
    Lite-ON DVD Burner 24x
    Logitech G11 Keyboard, Logitech G500 Mouse
    Ultra LSP650 650-Wat PSU, Apex SK-503 ATX Case
    EVGA GeForce 9500 GT, 2 X AOC 2219v1 22" LCD Montiors
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Default Re: GA-EP43-UD3L . Sensor Problems or a defective and dieing Board??? Please help

Just un-install Easy Tune 6 and back away. ET6 seems to have a habit of of not showing the fan speed but turn the alarm off and I am sure everthing will be ok.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-EP43-UD3L . Sensor Problems or a defective and dieing Board??? Please help

EasyTune does the same with my board but it's not only it's fault. I Looked in the BIOS monitor and saw that the CPU fan sometimes drop to zero for a very short period (haven't measured) so I guess it depends on how often EasyTune sample the sensor, if it starts the alarm for only one sample, and there's the way it generates the alarm, it seems to freez EasyTune while it is sound.
    SpeedFan nevers show zero rpm for the CPU speed.

Maybe it's a hardware problem or it could be BIOS, I don't know.

Everst does show the right CPU and case speed (ultimate edition - trial version)

Don't take my word for it though...Here some edited replies( took out unrelated to ET6 for length of post) when I posed a simular question.

Quote Originally Posted by Conners View Post
    Tell me something peeps... Easy Tune 6 alarm goes off intermittently on my CPU fan. Do you think the fan is bad or just a glitch in ET6. CPUID also shows 0 RPM for a second or two once in a while, but not all the time. It doesn't show 0 RPM in Speed Fan.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>
    Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    ET5 did the same momentary fan speed = 0 on both of my previous GB boards. <o:p></o:p>
    Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    It looks like ET6 is as bad.<o:p></o:p>
    You can try enabling the bios fan speed warnings and disable ET6 warnings. <o:p></o:p>
    The only option I use is the bios cpu temperature alarm set to 60 degrees C.
    <o:p></o:p>
    Quote Originally Posted by kick View Post
    ET6 ,i dont use it..even if the newer bios has fixed the errors.<o:p></o:p>
    Quote Originally Posted by kick View Post
    cpuid ive seen errors on too..incorrect readings,I mean v weird ones..It may be just my version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I think it is just a software glitch, you can disable the warning in ET by changing the alarm to OFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101 View Post
    Repeat after me: " I shall un-install ET6 as it's a big pile of poo" I will say one thing for it though, at least it's in English and not Taiwan-glish like MSI's offering.

I still have ET6 installed but turn the alarm off and just use it to look at voltages.

kick is offline Senior Member

LoL the ET6 "fan club"quotes ...fan club geddit,nm.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Thread Information