Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: TW3X4G1333C9 and Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3 problem

Default TW3X4G1333C9 and Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3 problem

My problem began with Call of Duty world at war, system crush at 82 C in the GPU, I thought it was a video card problem, I try another video card and the same problem, I tried in another MOBO, and the same, tried more power PSU and the same, I will see later what about the RAM ussage in the system crush moment, Ive everest log in excel.
    After that i ran 3Dmark and no problem, later Beijing 2008 PC game and no problem, with GPU at 90C.
    Later I came home with my PC from the shop and when I turned ON gave me continuosly short beeps, that means "power error". But I had turned OFF my computer in the shop many times and never happened this.
    I got some DDR2 and put them to my PC, and I got the beeps. Then I saw what people said about the DDR and MCH voltages and IMPORTANT, I DON'T WANT TO OVERCLOCK, and I put MCH voltage to 1.26 in the DDR2 and works.
    I work for a while and turned OFF.

Yesterday I put my DDR3 and beeps, and I realized that my MOBO put 1.78V in auto to my DDR3, then I put in setup my DDR3 voltage (1.6V) and 1.24V to MCH, everithing OK. Today morning, I turned ON the PC, and beeps, I removed 1 stick and put it again and turned ON and OK, and I realized each time it beeps I saw that setup change back my RAM voltage to auto in the
    PC health menu, but I don't know if change back the MCH too, because in the overclock menu everithing it's just like i put it. Then I put 1.6 to DDR3 voltage and 1.2 to MCH and OK but it doesn't means anything.

So, later I will put here CPUz statistics about my RAMs because maybe they are not running at 9.9.9.24, I'm not very clear on this.
    In setup, says that they are in auto and in the left is written 9 9 9 24, but it's like this

Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time ------9 ---------- : [Auto]
    tRCD ------------------- 9 ---------- : [Auto]
    tRP --------------------- 9 ---------- : [Auto]
    tRAS ------------------- 24 ---------- : [Auto]

and maybe it's running at something else.

I feel uneasy about the fact that I had beeps and I remove and put back one of my sticks and no beeps and about the fact that beeps began whe I arrived at home, I don't know so much about overclocking, but I suppose that it should be beeping since the first time I put my RAM, or am I wrong?, I could be wrong, but I don't know.

I will try to put the excel information later and the other info I said here.
    I've the F4 bios, should I updated to F5?

Help please !!!!!

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: TW3X4G1333C9 and Gigabyte GA-EP45C-DS3 problem

Did you try to power up more than once each time it beeped?
    Is the memory voltage the only settings that is changes when it happens (or maybe that's the only change you apploed to optimized defaults?)

Do you turn the PSU off when you shut it? If so this may indicate a low (or missplaced/missing CMOS battery)

yes, I tried, what changes is memory voltage and MCH voltage, the only thing I changed after load optimal defaults,
    Now I ran call of duty at 25 C and video card gets to 73 only and crush, I removed one RAM stick and played and crush, I think maybe this is related to video card using RAM to something, now I don't have the latest drivers, but I had them in the past and this happened to me.
    It isn't definitely a video card issue, becuase I tried two GTS 250 and now I tried in a cold place, tomorrow I'll try this with 4 GB DDR2 800 MHz I have.

Now I put my two sticks and let it beep, the PC restart 3 times and then no more beeps, I enter to setup and it changes to default my DDR voltages, but i can see that in PC Health, then PC crush getting into windows, remove ONE stick and the other beeps in both slots, now I let only one stick and is OK, but this is the stick that failed with call of duty.
    I will run memtest to this now until tomorrow, and then I'll test the game with DDR2.
    Maybe after this, no matter the results I will update BIOS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Did you try to power up more than once each time it beeped?
    Is the memory voltage the only settings that is changes when it happens (or maybe that's the only change you apploed to optimized defaults?)

Do you turn the PSU off when you shut it? If so this may indicate a low (or missplaced/missing CMOS battery)
    If I let it beep in the third time it looks like load bios default and continues, on time crush at post and the other time passed away to windows

I updated my bios and tried with DDR2 and played Call of Duty, but same problem, I saw that everything happen when ued memory is around 1800 MB, some times 1700 and some times 1900, I will test everything with another MOBO and CPU, and memory, and then i should find out what the problem is

by the way, my battery is OK

I don't know if I should change any other voltage besides DDR voltage, I've put MCH to 1.05, 1.2, 1.22, 1.24 and 1.26 and the beeps keep coming.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

If your PC is restarting three times then your settings are incorrect and the system will load it's own, very loose stable settings.

Very fast Multiple beeps (Power error) is often caused by incorrect ram settings, most often this is a incorrect tRD (Static tRead Value). I assume you are leaving that on auto since you have your main timings on auto as well, right? If so then this could be the issue and you will need to manually set it to a higher value.

Either way, since you asked, yes I do advise always the latest BIOS (Beta Even if there is one). I see your latest is F5 as you said. If you are unsure about how to flash please read this guide and DO NOT use @BIOS >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

If you would give us a link to your ram, or the model # we can give you a set of suggested settings to start with

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    If your PC is restarting three times then your settings are incorrect and the system will load it's own, very loose stable settings.

Very fast Multiple beeps (Power error) is often caused by incorrect ram settings, most often this is a incorrect tRD (Static tRead Value). I assume you are leaving that on auto since you have your main timings on auto as well, right? If so then this could be the issue and you will need to manually set it to a higher value.

Either way, since you asked, yes I do advise always the latest BIOS (Beta Even if there is one). I see your latest is F5 as you said. If you are unsure about how to flash please read this guide and DO NOT use @BIOS >>

If you would give us a link to your ram, or the model # we can give you a set of suggested settings to start with
    All the RAM timings are in auto, this is my RAM corsair TW3X4G1333C9 and this is the datasheet http://www.corsair.com/_datasheets/TW3X4G1333C9.pdf

OK, I will see with tRD value is auto for me with CPU-Z or something and I will try to set it higher. By the way, my RAM is 1.6 V, what MCH should I use? I suppose I have to try until find a good one.

I've updated to the latest BIOS (F5) with Qflash and call of duty crush with DDR2, today I'll try with DDR3 when I get home.

The fact is that two weeks ago i had had turned ON my PC for 2 or 3 days downloading things and nothing happened, and just turn off and turn on and beeps. Let's see what happen now with DDR3 and F5 bios...

I will read better your post named Memory Timings Explained W/ Suggested Timings & Memset VS. BIOS, maybe I can get some conclusions from there.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

Thanks for your help, Ifinally one RAM stick is bad, MOBO only beeps when it is put, so I will go and change it. Thank you for your help.
    By the way, I want to cool more my CPU (Q9550) and I can buy this 450g heatsink + fan CoolerMaster Z200 full review , I know there are much heavier heatsinks+fans, but does this could be a problem for my MOBO or CPU, taking into account its weight?
    I think that no problem, but maybe u can give me a good opinion, explanation or link to see.
    Thanks in advance.

Thread Information