Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EX-58 UD4P LAN port....gone?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EX-58 UD4P LAN port....gone?

Sounds like all is well then with the board and LAN part of the board, you just need a clean install.

Not everyone knows this so don't feel bad or anything, but yes I would have for sure told you that a clean install was a must before you even started building the system coming from AMD to Intel anyway, no matter the older boards age.

Congrats on your build, you should be all good once you get a clean install going.

I do suggest you update your BIOS in the next week or so once you get going, F9c is out now and is great but they will be releasing a newer beta with an added memory feature that is very nice here shortly.

Ya that is a nice feature, your case must have the cable though. It can also tell you if the case has been opened since you was last in the BIOS too I believe, let's you know if anyone has been in there fiddling around without you

SolidBladez is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
    BTW: Cool feature how in the bios: it shows if the case is open.
    A lot of boards have that feature, nothing new.

Just like Lsdmeasap said,

1. Update your BIOS, F9c runs solid. And it's easy to do, follow the guide stickied in this forum.
    2. After you reformat and install your OS, install the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (latest version can be found in this thread).
    3. After restart, install LAN driver (also found in the above thread) as well as video, sound, and whatever you have hooked up to your computer.

Installed the CD that came with the board, and can now surf the internet, which is kindda cool.
    I really hope they dont make me buy Vista again, and just give me a new code, because I do have a OEM DVD verison.
    I guess my next goals would be
    1. New install of Vista
    2. Bios flash.
    3. GPU drivers.

Thanks again :)

Nice to hear, I do suggest you install the latest driver direct from Gigabyte though as the ones on the CD are likely old.

Here is your driver download page
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver - GA-EX58-UD4P (rev. 1.0)

About your Vista OEM DVD, what was it originally installed on? If you bought OEM and have ONLY installed it on this machine then you will be fine, you may need to reactivate it of course but you will be fine. If it was originally installed on something else then you will have to buy a new key.

Quote Originally Posted by SolidBladez View Post
    A lot of boards have that feature, nothing new.

Just like Lsdmeasap said,

1. Update your BIOS, F9c runs solid. And it's easy to do, follow the guide stickied in this forum.
    2. After you reformat and install your OS, install the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (latest version can be found in this thread).
    3. After restart, install LAN driver (also found in the above thread) as well as video, sound, and whatever you have hooked up to your computer.
    I am guessing this is the INF thing?

Yes, sorry to be unclear. Intel INF Driver package is the Chipset Software Installation Utility

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Nice to hear, I do suggest you install the latest driver direct from Gigabyte though as the ones on the CD are likely old.

Here is your driver download page
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Driver - GA-EX58-UD4P (rev. 1.0)

About your Vista OEM DVD, what was it originally installed on? If you bought OEM and have ONLY installed it on this machine then you will be fine, you may need to reactivate it of course but you will be fine. If it was originally installed on something else then you will have to buy a new key.

Excellent, it should be real convenient for me. It says nothing about network or LAN drivers. Are those the chipset ones?

No the LAN Drivers themselves are by RealTek, surprised to not see them posted there... The CD ones will work, just wont be the latest.

Sorry for linking you like that, I always get mine direct and just assumed there were linked at the Gigabyte page as they always are. Here is the direct download page
    Realtek

or here is another host I grab them from often as well

Vista 32/64
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...ivers.com).zip

Windows 7
    http://www.station-drivers.com/telec...ivers.com).zip

Source
    http://www.station-drivers.com/page/realtek.htm
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 07-16-2009 at 05:03 PM.

SolidBladez is offline Member

I am guessing this is the INF thing?
    Sorry about that, I guess it can be worded different ways.

Intel INF Driver 9.1.1.1015 WHQL

Excellent, it should be real convenient for me. It says nothing about network or LAN drivers. Are those the chipset ones?
    The motherboard lan is made by Realtek. You can get them from their site or here (credits to stasio):

Realtek RTL8111/8168 Lan Driver- 5.732.0701 (XP 32/64)
    Realtek RTL8111/8168 Lan Driver-6.223.0622 (Vista 32/64)
    Realtek RTL8111/8168 Lan Driver-7.003.0622 (Win 7 32/64)

Edit: Dang, beaten by the boss. :/

I am probably just thinking too much, but I am guessing I can ignore all that stuff about "winrar" and "extracting files" in the "how to flash bios" sticky because the link to the F9c bios just gave me the bios file, unzipped. Nothing else. Now all i need is to load it onto flash drive and go into qflash upon bootup. And also enable the "legacy drive" thing in bios.

EDIT: BTW, the file looks like this ex58ud4p.f9c and its 1mb in size.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information