Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EVGA E758-TR, Core i7 965 & XMP DDR3

Default EVGA E758-TR, Core i7 965 & XMP DDR3

I am an experienced PC builder but have never OCed a system before. I am fairly lost. I have experimented with "dummy OC" settings and the RAM XMP settings. Currently I'm at 3.6 ghz and XMP2 settings in bios.

I believe it's better to set the OC settings in the BIOS than it is via the ELEET utility. I did flash the bios a few weeks ago to what was current then. I'm at work right now, can't determine it's exact level.

Does anyone have a system similar to mine with recommended settings I can use? I'm sure this has been asked a million times...

Thanks for taking pity on an "old dog"

Erik

Default Re: EVGA E758-TR, Core i7 965 & XMP DDR3

Hey Egoltzer,
    You do know your posting in a Gigabyte support section? Over at the "E" forums they have a temp plate in the sticky section under the X58, i"ll link you.
    Sorry Guys I do not mean to steer him away but it would be the best for his help,
    EVGA | Intelligent Innovation | Search Results

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EVGA E758-TR, Core i7 965 & XMP DDR3

Thanks jaggerwild.

I think it would be best for him to get help from there, not that I/we can't or wont help if he wants but I just think they would be better suited to answer his questions

Thread Information