Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seems Like Mem Slots 1 & 3 Failed

Default Re: Seems Like Mem Slots 1 & 3 Failed

I have attached a screenshot of my BIOS settings. I couldn't find the software they used to read their temps so I just used SpeedFan. I hope that is OK.

When I said alarm, I meant that I had set up a custom alarm to warn me if my CPU temps hit 70*C. Usually, I'd be much more comfortable at 60*C or 65*c, but since it is summer my room heats up a lot. When my computer is on full load, I easily hit 65*C.

When I said I left my BIOS settings on default, I mean that I didn't change anything. When I went to take a look at my BIOS settings, it seems like when I updated my BIOS, the settings automatically retested to some sort of predetermined state. That is why I had to change the following three things in my BIOS:

• Load from my DVD-ROM first (to perform MemTest)
    • Change my RAM voltage to 2.1 (to match RAM manufacturer specifications)
    • Have an alarm when CPU temperature reaches 70*C
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3L F10 BIOS
    E8400 @ 3Ghz
    OCZ 2 X 2Gb DDR2 1066
    EVGA 9800GX2
    Corsair TX750

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by icu222much View Post
    I have attached a screenshot of my BIOS settings. I couldn't find the software they used to read their temps so I just used SpeedFan. I hope that is OK.
    You can find all the programs in Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, & Stability Tools
    SpeedFan is quite ok but I don't see the CPU temps there and core temp not always show the right value and may need to be adjusted. I can't tell what is your sustem temp either.

Quote Originally Posted by icu222much
    When I said alarm, I meant that I had set up a custom alarm to warn me if my CPU temps hit 70*C. Usually, I'd be much more comfortable at 60*C or 65*c, but since it is summer my room heats up a lot. When my computer is on full load, I easily hit 65*C.
    65c moyherboareed reading CPU yemp is *very* high, 70c is about as much your CPU can take, that's it's max temp, above that it will start limit itself. Something must be done with your temps, I don't thinl they should be so high even with stock HS. What room temperature do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by icu222much
    When I said I left my BIOS settings on default, I mean that I didn't change anything. When I went to take a look at my BIOS settings, it seems like when I updated my BIOS, the settings automatically retested to some sort of predetermined state. That is why I had to change the following three things in my BIOS
    Yes I understand, I wasn't reading it right the first time.
    After updating BIOS you shoukd have load optimized defaults, if not then load optimized defaults and reapply your 3 changes.

Do you still have the problem with slots 1 & 3? You decided to keep the board using slots 2 & 4?

Which program do you suggest me to use to monitor my temps? I tried using RealTemp and RealTemp showed that my CPU is several degrees cooler then SpeedFan.

Last night when I took the screenshots, the room temperature was around 24*C. My processor at idle was 49*C. Again, my processor temperature reading is based from SpeedFan, which seems to be inaccurate.

I will optimize my BIOS and then reapply my three changes. At the moment I am using memory slots 1 & 3. I also ran MemTest for 7 hours and it passed.
    E8400 @ 3Ghz
    OCZ 2 X 2Gb DDR2 1066
    EVGA 9800GX2
    Corsair TX750

Which program do you suggest me to use to monitor my temps? I tried using RealTemp and RealTemp showed that my CPU is several degrees cooler then SpeedFan
    RealTemp and CoreTemp both show the same temperature and use 100c TJmax which is right to my CPU. SpeedFan shows 5c more and I think it uses 105c TJmax, it can be shifted in advance pereferences.

I use both, SpeenFan for fan and voltage monitoring and RealTemp for core temps.

Hi icu222much Could you try downloading hardware monitor and post results here? Click on it here----> CPUID
    CPUID is really a Hardware monitor which will post most of your voltages in Windows.
    I am looking at your Speedfan voltage you posted, and they look like they are off. You should compare them with another program to see if it is Speedfan or something else.
    The CPUID Hardware monitor gives you a display like this---->

By artdrivers at 2009-06-24
    Last edited by artdrivers; 07-19-2009 at 08:25 AM.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Sounds good. Here we go.

What is the difference between my Temperature CPU (28*C) and my Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Core #0 (37*C)?
    E8400 @ 3Ghz
    OCZ 2 X 2Gb DDR2 1066
    EVGA 9800GX2
    Corsair TX750

Sounds good. Here we go.

What is the difference between my Temperature CPU (28*C) and my Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Core #0 (37*C)?
    9c I think.

No I was joaking. The 2 different temperatures are measured by two different type of sensors located in different location in the CPU.

The CPU temperature is measured by a thermal diod and located on the center of the CPU integrated heat spreader, below or above the core I am not sure. The Thermal Specification for your CPU is the maximum operational temperature for your CPU and measured by this sensor.

The core temps are measured by Digital Thermal Sensors(DTS) located on the hot spot of each core and their purpose is to prevent damage to the processor from over heating. When it reaches it's maximum defined value(TJmax,) it will start throteling the CPU speed do reduce power consumption and heat.

Ah. Sounds good.
    E8400 @ 3Ghz
    OCZ 2 X 2Gb DDR2 1066
    EVGA 9800GX2
    Corsair TX750

The CPU temperature diode is located on the motherboard, as far as I know, not on the CPU. If it were on the CPU I'm sure HardOCP wouldn't drill into it to add their own. If you want to accurately measure TCase, you have to add your own sensor. The centre of the IHS is merely where Intel state you should measure from.

The CPU temp reported by the board is safe to ignore. Only pay attention to core temps.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101 View Post
    The CPU temperature diode is located on the motherboard, as far as I know, not on the CPU. If it were on the CPU I'm sure HardOCP wouldn't drill into it to add their own. If you want to accurately measure TCase, you have to add your own sensor. The centre of the IHS is merely where Intel state you should measure from.
    This was based on Core i7 and Core 2 Temperature Guide. I can only go by what I find to read.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information