Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-UD3R & Q6700 BIOS Settings

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-EP45-UD3R & Q6700 BIOS Settings

Quote Originally Posted by stellaguy View Post
    And Finally:
    Attachment 1326

After reading the links to the posts earlier in this thread I believe I will have to increase my MCH Core voltage to around 1.2 - 1.3 to get stable with 4gb ram
    Quite probable, thogh the second post of the memory timings guide states a 1.2-1.25v should sufice for 2x2GB memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Quite probable, thogh the second post of the memory timings guide states a 1.2-1.25v should sufice for 2x2GB memory.
    I have just changed the MCH Core to 1.2 and the FSB to 300 with the standard 10x multiplier - booted first time no problems and the idle temps are around 33 degrees! I was struggling to get this to boot at stock before so this is looking good. Still to stress test but would like to maybe go a bit higher first. I was thinking about dropping the multiplier to 9 and setting fsb to 333 just to see what effect this has on the rated FSB in CPU-Z.

After reading a few posts on this site I read its better to switch the Performance Enhance to Standard - so ive just done this and still seems fine.
    If all goes well i'll try for 3.2 on stock cpu voltage - hopefully will be fine.
    GA-EP45-UD3R (f5 Bios)
    Q6700 @ 2.66 (but not stable ?)
    4gb (2x2gb) Geil DDR2 Black Dragon (GB24GB6400C5DC) http://www.geil.com.tw/products/showSpec/id/119
    450W psu
    Nvidia 8600gt
    Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 + Arctic Silver 5
    22" Hanns.G Monitor
    1TB (2x 500GB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by stellaguy View Post
    I have just changed the MCH Core to 1.2 and the FSB to 300 with the standard 10x multiplier - booted first time no problems and the idle temps are around 33 degrees
    What do you measure temps with? Use RealTemp/CoreATemp reported tempratures to have a common language in the forum.
    Idle temps don't count for much, it's the load temps you should pay attention to.
    I see your CPU's thermal specification is only 62.2c so you probably should not let exceed 55-60c core temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    What do you measure temps with? Use RealTemp/CoreATemp reported tempratures to have a common language in the forum.
    Idle temps don't count for much, it's the load temps you should pay attention to.
    I see your CPU's thermal specification is only 62.2c so you probably should not let exceed 55-60c core temps.
    I'm using Core Temp for monitoring. I was advised in another forum a while back to change th TJ.Max to 90 degrees to give a true reading of my cpu.

Just had major problems - I tried changing the multiplier to x9 and the FSB to 355 and BSOD just before windows started. My Vcore was still on auto so I changed it to 1.35 volts. Still blue screen. I tried upping the MCH Core to 1.26 = blue screen!! Load optimised defaults - same thing. Was getting worried so tried using 'last good known configiration'. Eventually booted. Really not sure waht to do now as I just know as soon as I shut down this will not start up easily. HELP!!!
    GA-EP45-UD3R (f5 Bios)
    4gb (2x2gb) Geil DDR2 Black Dragon (GB24GB6400C5DC) http://www.geil.com.tw/products/showSpec/id/119
    450W psu
    Nvidia 8600gt
    22" Hanns.G Monitor

Quick update - I noticed the Blue screen message that was flashing up was saying something about a hardware problem. Hard to read it all as it just flashed up for about a second.

I decided to try moving the ram to different slots. Before I had the modules in slots 1 & 3 so changed them to 1 & 2. Rebooted and it started first time. I thought it was maybe just luck so I rebooted a further 5 or 6 times. Fine every time!! I dont want to tempt fate and say thats my problem solved but fingers crossed this will now be stable at stock speeds.

I'll leave it a couple of days and see how it goes before I stress myself out again with my next overclock attempt.
    GA-EP45-UD3R (f5 Bios)
    450W psu
    Nvidia 8600gt
    22" Hanns.G Monitor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information