Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EP45T-UD3P MOBO with G.Skill 1600 = EPIC FAILURE

Default EP45T-UD3P MOBO with G.Skill 1600 = EPIC FAILURE

EP45T-UD3P MOBO won't boot with G.Skill 1600 DDR3 ram.
    So im wondering if I can flash the bios with a cd... or does it have to be floppy?
    I can't find my old floppy... Anyways... the cpu fan doesn't spin either... this must indicate ram problem! same as b4 I RMA'd.
    Same problem, new board. Revision 1.0 EP45T bios

Q9550
    G.SKill 1600 2gig ddr3
    650 watt psu
    antec 900

any idea on what ddr3 ram will post with this board ??????????????????

Default Re: EP45T-UD3P MOBO with G.Skill 1600 = EPIC FAILURE

CPU fan doesn't spin? Seems to me it might be a bit tough to flash if you aren't even getting power to the CPU fan. Do you get any display at all? Have you tried testing with just one stick of RAM at a time? Do you have another power supply unit to test the system with? Are you sure both 8 pin and 24 pin motherboard power connectors are plugged in fully? Just a few ideas....
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

I bought a new psu for it so no... the psu is giving all the power she needs.
    The fan spins for a fraction and stops... i have a huge hunch that its definitely the mobo/ram combination... and unfortunately for me i have no other ddr3 other than this new g.skill 1600...
    Everything is supposed to be in working order when you pay hundreds and hundreds for hardware right?
    >_> did i mention this is the 2nd mobo to have the same problem? The rma was good service.. too bad i didnt get them to change this mobo for something like the p5q
    Ill take the mobo to the computer shops tomorrow...to let me use their ddr3 ram for free cuz im penniless!
    i just need to update the bios.... as well give bios a much needed adjustment
    stupid bios version 1.0

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Have you checked for bent pins? Yes, most any DDR3 1.5V generic type ram should for sure boot, as should the ram you have no matter the voltage it should default to 1.5V to start

Sorry, but I have to ask. You do have the ATX 24 Pin AND the ATX 8 Pin CPU Cables connected correct since you did not reply to being asked above?

Yes you can flash the BIOS from CD or USB Stick, but your system needs to be able to run first which is not the case right now

Revision 1.0 means the board PCB Revision not the BIOS, so without being able to start the board and enter the BIOS you can't tell what BIOS is flashed in there right now. So that may or may not even have anything to do with the issues.

F1 BIOS Supports your CPU, but that does not say to much in itself but I do doubt your board shipped with F1 BIOS as that is Very old.

Have you had the board out of the case and OFF the motherboard tray? If you have not try that now with the minimal hardware, that would be CPU/Heatsink, One stick of ram in slot one, and one GFX Card and that is it, nothing else. If it starts great, add things one at a time until you find the issue. If it still does not start I would suggest you try the Stock Cooler next because some coolers/backplates have been known to short out the board as well.

I say to try this OFF the tray because you may have a short on the motherboard tray as well.

Hate to mention it again in case it makes you cranky but have you tried another PSU? Just because the thing is new and should supply all the power it needs does not mean it is functioning properly. Just like motherboards, ram, cpus, etc you can get a faulty psu.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Quote Originally Posted by EP45T_UD3P! View Post
    Everything is supposed to be in working order when you pay hundreds and hundreds for hardware right?
    You can pay 15 million dollars and the computer still wont work, it has to be compatible.

most motherboard problems can easily be located/solved with a motherboard speaker, it tells what the specific problem is. you listen to the beeps and look in the Gigabyte Motherboard manual and match the problem up.

sounds like a power problem though, the cpu fan on my ud3p doesnt come on until the Gigabyte Logo. is your computer even posting? can you get into the bios? you say it wont boot, enlighten us. if you can get into the bios please tell us all of your M.I.T settings. new gigabyte motherboards need to be configured sometimes, when i got mine it read my E8400 at 2.6GHz, simple multiplier fix, also had to change the ram voltage from 1.8v to 2.1v.

Is maybe the fan on the cpu fan faulty? also if this is your SECOND motherboard, chances are its definately not the motherboard.
    Antec 1200 case
    GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.1 F6
    E8400 @ 445X9 4.00GHz 1.36250v core. vtt 1.280v.
    Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB 5-5-5-15 1066 2.1v
    BFG Tech 285 GTX OC (702/1584/1332)
    BFG Tech PSU LS 550W quad 12v rails
    Zalman CNPS9700-NT 2800rpm @ 35 dBA

no bent pins on the cpu i just checked... traded some ddr2 ocz gold ram for some kingston ddr3 1333 and im not getting to post.
    Ive taken the mobo out and put it on the box it came with... still same problem.. boots but no POST and the cpu fan spins for a fraction and stops everytime it powers.
    i hear no beeps so i dont even think its a memory problem anymore.
    i have no clue what more i can try.... this mobo takes the cake... a total waste of time!
    it appears very nice with its features but it cant even POST!
    another 171 bucks out the window!

please stop blaming the motherboard. i would suggest you have someone build your computer for you, since you have problems. and obviously you havent tried everything, cause your comp still doesnt work.
    Antec 1200 case
    GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.1 F6
    E8400 @ 445X9 4.00GHz 1.36250v core. vtt 1.280v.
    Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB 5-5-5-15 1066 2.1v
    BFG Tech 285 GTX OC (702/1584/1332)
    BFG Tech PSU LS 550W quad 12v rails
    Zalman CNPS9700-NT 2800rpm @ 35 dBA

Regardless of the PSU being new and of enough wattage, PSU incompatibility is a very real and possible problem.

Locate and try another PSU. There's a recent thread where one person can't get a POST with either of his quality Corsair units, but a cheap and nasty Q-Tech works fine.

Trouble shoot in the following order, and with the board out of the case as before:

Use a single stick of RAM in slot 1 and see if it will post.
    Try all other slots in turn.
    Use the second stick, again in all slots.
    Switch PSU's. This is the number 1 suspect at the moment. An incompatible PSU will produce the exact same issue you are having.
    Switch GFX cards and try with the original PSU and the test unit.
    Locate another socket 775 CPU and try all of the above with it installed.

If this is the only board the Q9550 has been used in (and the pre RMA'd one ofc) then it could be DOA. Test the CPU in another board if you can. I've had experience with several dead CPU's. Some don't post, others identify themselves in the BIOS fine but get stuck half way through POST and others get all the way to the Windows loading screen before freezing. You may have even killed it accidentally by installing it in this board, so testing it would still be useful.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

i am getting a refund for this mobo...
    anyways thanks for the advice... none of it is helping.
    since im not in mountains of cash, i have no other option but to get a refund on this mobo and go with something more reliable.
    I wasnt blaming the mobo for fault... im not blaming any parts for this
    so please...
    i have an e6300 which works with this board.. not that i can test that it really works with this board.. just thats what it states on the box lga 775
    also have another psu, old ocz psu 650watt it does the same thing too
    cpu fan spins a fraction and stops upon booting.
    Board lights up but black screen.
    Tried ram on all slats in different combos

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information