Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EP45-DS3R - PC won't go to S3 sleep mode

Default Re: EP45-DS3R - PC won't go to S3 sleep mode

Thanks for the information above.
    I tried most of it already.
    I want to wake my PC using the usb mouse, so I left it enabled.
    I disabled every task I could find that wakes the PC.

I was left with 2 tasks I know of that wake the PC and I don't know how to change that other than disable the tasks:
    1. windows update - runs at 13:00 daily - wake the PC for, updates, and go back to sleep within 2-3 mins --- for now I've disabled it and check tomorrow if the PC will sleep past 13:00.
    2. the windows time synch thing, but it only runs once a week and i do not wake to disable it.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Are you positive it is 13:00 it wakes up at?
    Network traffic might wake it as well unless specified to wake on magic packets only.

yes, it is 13:00. I see it in the event log. also, I can see in the windows update: 'the next update will be at 29/7/09 13:00'
    I have disabled auto updates - and I'll wait for tomorrow to see if it helps

I've disabled everything... still wakes up at 13:00 with RTC as wake reason.
    I checked the event log and I saw that sometimes, after RTC wake, it goes back to sleep after 2-3 mins (and not after 120 mins like it is configured)

another problem I had twice already is waking up the PC and the screen is blank, and nothing i try seems to gets a picture back. (network works ok, i can ping it and access shared files)
    even short press on the power button does nothing, only long press works - but thats shuts the PC aggresively.
    [I have ATI HD4850 with DVI-HDMI connection to LCD TV]

This sleep thing is making me lose sleep...

Quote Originally Posted by amirn View Post
    I've disabled everything... still wakes up at 13:00 with RTC as wake reason.
    I checked the event log and I saw that sometimes, after RTC wake, it goes back to sleep after 2-3 mins (and not after 120 mins like it is configured)

another problem I had twice already is waking up the PC and the screen is blank, and nothing i try seems to gets a picture back. (network works ok, i can ping it and access shared files)
    even short press on the power button does nothing, only long press works - but thats shuts the PC aggresively.
    [I have ATI HD4850 with DVI-HDMI connection to LCD TV]

This sleep thing is making me lose sleep...
    Wish I could help you more...

Sounds just like when I need to do a clean install. Have you tried reinstalling the OS? I find at least a yearly install to be a good idea.

Only other thing I can think of is to try the Live one care safety scanner from microsoft. It's free and fixes registry and things.

I found a good way of troubleshooting this problem is to use a dual boot configuration with a clean install of Windows 7 RC. If windows 7 works it must be your OS.

If none of that works I'm out of ideas. Sorry
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR BIOS F5
    Intel E8500 E0 w/ GeminII S Air cooled & Delta PWM 120mm
    Kingston KHX1066 / 4G 2x2GB 5-5-5-15 KHX8500D2K2/4G
    http://www.kingston.com/hyperx/products/khx_ddr2.asp
    WD Raptor 740ADFD (Raptor) & WD Blue 500GB
    BFG GTS250OC 1GB / Samsung T260HD
    Antec Basiq 500W
    Cooler Master Scout case w/ 3 x 140mm Kaze Maru, & 1 x 120mm Thermaltake Smart fan II
    Vista Premium 64bit SP2 / Win 7 RC

Thanks all for trying to help.
    I gave up on this sleep thing.. I'll shutdown the PC instead. thinking about it, there is not much of a difference other than the 1-2 mins wait.

I still have the weird wake at 13:00, but the main issue I now have almost everytime is my display becoming blank on wake, and I can't seem to do anything other than agrresively shut the PC down by a long power press.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information