Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Back with updates!!!!

Default Back with updates!!!!

Well i FINALLY ventured over to the watercooling club , +rep to Psycho for recommending the Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima Kit. I also have some good progress... I am STILL oc'ing my wonderful E8500 E0 stepping only this time with the mentality of high fsb and low multi with tight memory. This is what i have so far, everything is tested and very stable, i just need help to tighten up my memory timings, and any suggestions on boosting performance would be nice thnx gig community.
    Antec 900 (Modded)
    GA-P45-UD3P (Bios F10)

E8500 (E0 stepping) 4.35 Ghz STABLE
    G. Skill 2x2Gb (5-5-5-15 PC 8500)
    Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima Water Cooling
    22" Gateway Monitor (1920x1200)
    Black Widow 850 watt PSU
    BFG GTX 280 Still OC'ing

Win Vista Ultimate x64 bit SP1

Default Re: Back with updates!!!!

Looks pretty good to me. The primary timings are just about as tight as you cang et them for a 2x2GB kit, you might be able to lower tRFC and performance level (tRD - static tRead) a bit, but any changes to memory timings will only provide benefits in synthetic benchmarks, you'll never notice the difference in real world applications.
    Other than that, you could try lowering CPU PLL a bit if possible. 1.392V VCore is on the high side, but I've never heard of a CPU dying fromt hat in 24/7 use so I guess it should be fine.

thnx nickel, i'm currently testing occt and prime with vcore of 1.328 and so far so good. haven't touched the cpu pll yet though... more test to come.
    Antec 900 (Modded)
    GA-P45-UD3P (Bios F10)

Black Widow 850 watt PSU
    BFG GTX 280 Still OC'ing

Chike is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by xxpharoahxx View Post
    i just need help to tighten up my memory timings
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Looks pretty good to me. The primary timings are just about as tight as you cang et them for a 2x2GB kit, you might be able to lower tRFC and performance level (tRD - static tRead) a bit, but any changes to memory timings will only provide benefits in synthetic benchmarks, you'll never notice the difference in real world applications.
    Yeah what Nickel020 said, doesn't worth the risk getting a blue screen when you have someone at your sight and you are ready to fire for just knowing some memory benchmark show you 20MB/s more and 0.1ns better latency, and there's no point to mess with memory if you still overclocking anyway. If you make it to 533FSB they'll be just tight as their soec.

Benchmarks that match your working pattern, FPS in games you play etc. are the only you need to care about.

What temps to you get and why only one core temp in OCCT?

UPDATE! I guess i will just leave the timings alone then thnx for the advice everyone. As for the 1 core temp in occt it's because i forgot to check the other box for core 2 i guess, just realized that . Still overclocking with success though, have a look at where i am now. Keep in mind i ran 1 occt test, and 1 occt linpack test, but instead of shrinking them i closed them on accident.
    Antec 900 (Modded)
    GA-P45-UD3P (Bios F10)

Black Widow 850 watt PSU
    BFG GTX 280 Still OC'ing

Thread Information