Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Audio Driver issues

Default Audio Driver issues

I just recently built a computer around a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard. Everything's been working nicely, but I'm having audio problems. Whenever I listen to music or watch a movie, the sound tends to pop at random places. I've installed the latest audio drivers for the motherboard that supposedly work with Windows 7, but I'm still having issues. Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Audio Driver issues

Interesting!
    What kind of speakers are you using? Have you had this issue with headphones? Do you have any other speakers you could try? It could be that Windows 7 driver. You may want to wait for the Windows 7 updates to see for sure? Have you tried it with any other Windows OS? I hope it don't damage anything while you get it resolved. Please keep us posted.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

First off, yes it also happens when I'm using headphones. I did some further research and it seems like it's a windows vista/7 problem with Realtek HD audio. Problem is the only suggestions people have made are to uninstall the audio drivers and reinstall them. I already did this before I learned about the Windows 7 problem so I'm still at a loss for fixes.

MadMax2911 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by satchamobob View Post
    I just recently built a computer around a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard. Everything's been working nicely, but I'm having audio problems. Whenever I listen to music or watch a movie, the sound tends to pop at random places. I've installed the latest audio drivers for the motherboard that supposedly work with Windows 7, but I'm still having issues. Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated!
    On Realteks website they state that you should only use the drivers from the manufacturer website. The realteks drivers may not work properly on your system due to gigabytes customization.
    Also disconnect any connections to the front audio header and use only connections from back panel for now. Test audio operation and report back your results. Yes it may very well be the driver for win 7 as well.
    Hope that helps a bit
    Max out
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

I learned about the Windows 7 problem so I'm still at a loss for fixes.
    Windows 7 has a power setting in it. Click Start Search Power Options if it is on balanced click change plan settings navigate to show additional plans or to Advanced settings change it from balanced settings to High performance settings. This should reduce any cpu lagg or delay & eliminate the possability of it beeing the power setting. Let me know how that goes.
    http://blog.enterpriseitplanet.com/g...-settings.html
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
    Logitech G500 USB mouse
    Monitor: CMV937A
    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax2911 View Post
    On Realteks website they state that you should only use the drivers from the manufacturer website. The realteks drivers may not work properly on your system due to gigabytes customization.
    Also disconnect any connections to the front audio header and use only connections from back panel for now. Test audio operation and report back your results. Yes it may very well be the driver for win 7 as well.
    Hope that helps a bit
    Max out
    I installed the default audio drive from the CD that came with my motherboard, which was Realtek HD audio. I also tried a usb audio driver and still suffered the same problems.

Windows 7 has a power setting in it. Click Start Search Power Options if it is on balanced click change plan settings navigate to show additional plans or to Advanced settings change it from balanced settings to High performance settings. This should reduce any cpu lagg or delay & eliminate the possability of it beeing the power setting.
    Just tried this. Played a few videos and some music, and I don't seem to be getting the problem anymore. I'll keep testing files just to make sure, but I think this probably fixed the problem. Thanks!

Thread Information