Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-MA770T-UD3P Boot Problem

Default GA-MA770T-UD3P Boot Problem

Hey everyone, I have encountered a very annoying problem with my new build. Whenever I have to do a warm reboot (restart from Windows, bios, etc) my computer refuses to post and I am forced to flip the power supply off and then back on in order to get my system to boot properly. However I have absolutely no problems with the computer if it is a cold boot. The beep code I get during this is: 3 long beeps, 1 short beep. I have not been able to find this beep code anywhere, and the closest thing that my manual lists is "continuous long beeps" which indicate that the video card is seated incorrectly. I have tested my system with both the new GTX 260 I bought, and an old Radeon X600 that I know works perfectly fine. I get the same error with either card. I have also tried reseating everything, flashing to the newest bios, testing each ram stick individually in each ram slot, and with NO ram installed. With no ram installed I get the same beep code that I would get upon doing a system restart. This is my second board, after Gigabyte's technical support suggested I RMA the first one for having the same issue. Below are my system specs, any help is appreciated. Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P AMD Phenom 2 X3 720 Black Edition 6gb G.Skill DDR3-1333 (F3-10666CL9T-6GBNQ) - this is a triple channel kit for the Intel i7's, but I don't see any reason that it would be incompatible with my motherboard, but I suppose it is possible :S XFX Geforce GTX 260 216 Corsair TX 650 watt power supply

Default Re: GA-MA770T-UD3P Boot Problem

Anyone?

Well, a little update.

The system will restart perfectly fine if I run with only one of the memory sticks. Adding the second or third stick causes the problem to return. I have tried upping the voltages, but that did not help the problem.

I am having the same problem with my comp. I have the MA770T-UD3P also. I have the AMD Phenom II x2 550 Processor, 4gig Gskill memory, and an ASUS EN9500GT OC video card. Have you gotten any closer to figuring out the problem?

Thread Information