Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ga-m57sli-s4

Default ga-m57sli-s4

hiya i have a gigabyte sli board type in the title , problem i am having is with my ocz reaper 800 memory where the board will not boot with that memory in place yet its happy running 1 gig of generic memory in dual channel mode
    memory is reaper ocz2rpr8002gk so is 2 x 1gig sticks , and was working fine in my abit core2 rig till the board died , i have tried the reaper in another board where it works fine
    i am only using this to run my 8800gts's in sli till i can afford a new core2 board but since that is as we all know an infinitely variable length of time i want to be able to run with 2gb instead of 1gb of cheapo stuff
    has anyone else encountered issues with this memory
    i have reset and also flashed to the latest bios and specifically upped the ddr2 voltage to feed more juice to the reapers but i get no boot on them

Default Re: ga-m57sli-s4

Some RAM / motherbaord combinations just don't work. Since the RAM does work on other boards and other RAM works on your board the RAM is probably simply incompatible with your board :(

Default Re: ga-m57sli-s4

yeah i have a sneaky susp about that but hope its not the case , had some great core2 overclocks with that ram , is always trying every avenue before consigning it to history though , thanks tho for prompt reply
    athlon 5000 x2 none o/c , dangerden waterblock , cosmos 1000 case modded for decent space inside , ga-m57sli-s4 v2 mobo , optiarc dvd-rw , samsung spinpoint f1 500gb hdd , dual120mm rad , 1/2 ltr vertical external res , 600lph pump res , dual 8800gts 320 in sli

Thread Information