Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannot install WinXP or Win 7 on new EX58-UD4P based build

Thumbs up Re: Cannot install WinXP or Win 7 on new EX58-UD4P based build

theres an bios HDD setting that needs to be changed otherwise without the proper Delay settings you hard drives can stop from working properly...look at the Delay For HDD (Secs) Settings I attached the picture so you can see, Put at least 2 seconds (what works for me)if not, try 3 seconds, until you get it working. according to gigabyte hard drives need a warm boot and if they don't get a delay it can make your hard drives not work after post .

Default Re: Cannot install WinXP or Win 7 on new EX58-UD4P based build

Thanks for the info, I'll definitely check it out when I get the replacement board.
    I do feel like the drives work fine though, in AHCI mode or IDE. The windows setup program can see all the drives and partition and format them. It does a lot of writing to the HDDs and reading, before the setup program gets stuck in a restart loop. Linux sees/uses the drives perfectly.

Talking Re: Cannot install WinXP or Win 7 on new EX58-UD4P based build

i understand, i felt very awkard when my hard drives decide to stop working , at first i managed to get to install 7, but then later on it wouldnt load the OS It would just stay stuck in bios screen, then i tried switching hard drives to see if my hard drive was the culprit, yet nothing seemed to work not even the installation for vista/7. i though that i had 2 dead hard drives. that wasn't the case it was the delay issue, also make sure you flash your bios to the latest. that will update the intel bios rom for sata ahci/gigabyte controllers. it will speed up your booting process and solve minor bugs such as cpu fan going too high and bios will read your temperatures right.

enjoy the new motherboard

Any luck with this? I'm helping a buddy build the same computer (same mobo, same processor, same case, same power supply brand, but only a 600W, different ram and video card) and we have the exact same problem. We tried the HD delay solution and that didn't work.

What we've tried that hasn't worked:
    Replaced Power Supply (twice)
    Replaced Video card
    System is currently running with only 1 hard drive and 1 optical drive. No onboard LAN/Audio etc. No USB plugged in, just one monitor.
    Updated the Bios

Windows XP get's to the configuring start menu items and reboots. Win7 RC install gets through the first normal reboot and reboots on second boot. Very weird. He's trying Ubuntu now, we'll see if that works.

I have a computer built with the same board and no problems. I'm only running the F2 version of the bios though, not sure if it's more stable.

try getting that bios updated, I'm using F9d it's been working great so far!
    Also Use your HDD's on the Gigabyte Sata Ports First, if you haven't, then fill your Intel AHCI slots. Disable native Ide mode for ports 1-3. Enable Intel AHCI + gigabyte AHCI modes. New bios will update the Intel AHCI Bios rom so that could improve compatibility.
    Last edited by ell; 08-06-2009 at 11:39 AM.

weird problem. I had no issue although I'm using the drives in raid. I have heard of someone having a similar problem with a ud5 and their solution was not to plug the drive on in sata port 0 of the ich10r, have you tried different ports?
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P F10d
    Intel i7 920 D0 3.8Ghz 181x21 1.24375Vcore 1.195QPI/Vtt
    Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 push-pull, vertically mounted
    3x2GB G.Skill DD3 1600 F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 8-8-8-21-1T 1.54v
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SLI 700-1500-1200
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W PSU
    2x WD Caviar Black 640GB in Raid 0, 64KB stripes, 250GB short stroke
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Antec 1200 Gamer Case
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Hi all,
    I am currently waiting for a replacement mobo from newegg. When I get it I will report back.

To SiB57: Why use the Giga sata ports instead of the Intel ones? I'm curious about this.

I have tried multiple Intel ports (not just port 0), as well as the Giga port, to no avail.

not really sure if the Gigabyte ports to do with it, but just in case try all the sata ports. I do know for a fact the Bios update did help update the INTEL Ahci Rom for the sata ports.

I'm the buddy with the rig that SiB57 was referring to.

I, too, was able to install Ubuntu, no problems.

Then, I flashed the F9D BIOS and tried the HDD in every SATA port. I am still unable to install any XP or 7.

Bizarre...

SolidBladez is offline Member

I wonder if there is an issue with an IRQ conflict with some of your devices. Are you using onboard audio?

Have you tried a SATA DVD player?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information