Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cannot install WinXP or Win 7 on new EX58-UD4P based build

Default Problem solved

RESOLVED, FINALLY:

It was the !*&!@! power supply unit. I just purchased and installed an Antec EA-650 650W power supply, and I was able to quickly and successfully complete the WinXP installation.

It turns out to be the last thing I swapped out. I wished I had tried it first so I could get a refund, but now I am past the 30 days return period.

At least it appears the machine will finally work!!

Thanks everybody who chimed in on this thread.

Default Re: Cannot install WinXP or Win 7 on new EX58-UD4P based build

A 3rd PSU finally fixed it for me, too! I guess I've just had bad luck with them, but things are happy now!

Hi

Interesting read that was the solution to this problem was found. I lost the last weekend trying to solve the same problem with an ex58-ud4p, triple channel 6GB Corsair 1333, I7 920, ZM-600-HP without results. I've got the same error: rebooting. Despite having Ubuntu working fine, I've installed VMware and XP vm but XP rebooted unexpected even as a VM machine.

Today removed the motherboard Gigabyte and put in place an Intel DX58SO with the same power supply (Zalman ZM600-HP), processor and memory and the installation was perfect both Windows XP, Windows 7, and 7 32-bit Linux Mint.

CSAT

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to see you guys got it figured out!!

You can still RMA the PSU's with the manufacturers and then sell the replacements on eBay, I know I would

Smile Re: Cannot install WinXP or Win 7 on new EX58-UD4P based build

Yes, thanks.

This evening I was able to install XP using my "old" Gigabyte EX58-UD4P but this time with a brand new power supply from CoolerMaster RS-650-ACAA-A1. So, as Mateo said, the culprit was the power supply also here.

CSAT

Nice to hear you got it going! PSU's can be tricky to narrow things down to being the issue often too.

Cool Re: Cannot install WinXP or Win 7 on new EX58-UD4P based build

WOW!!!!
    After so much time spent I found the solution to my exact same problem!!!
    I have a core i7 920 D0 stepping, GA-EX58-UD4P (after returning the UD5), the same zalman PSU and a saphire 4870 vapor-x.
    And here's my story :
    System running, failing when tried to instal WinXP.
    After a while the GPU started some artifacts and dvi went dead, tried it on another system but still the same problem. I returned it and now I wait for a new one.
    In the meantime I bought an ati 4350 to continue, but the same problem persists.
    Memtest shows memory was ok, tried all HDDs, sata and pata, optical drives sata and pata, many bios settings but still nothing!! Even On WinMe!! (haven't tried Win7 anyway).
    I returned my motherboard (UD5) and they informed me it was faulty. I bought the UD4P as UD5 was not available...
    Same problem again.
    So, just a few hours ago I tried my old PSU (a superflower 500W) and everything works PERFECT!!!
    I returned the zalman PSU today to the shop and later this day they told me it functions ok...
    So I search the internet to see if there is any kind of incompatibility with it, and I stepped on this : Problems with gigabyte x58 ud3r and zalman zm750-hp
    and then I read this page here...

Too bad... it is a very good PSU, really silent...
    3 and a half weeks of wasted time spent to figure out what's wrong with my new pc, a toasted vga, a possibly toasted mobo, and a whole lot of mess in my room!!!
    Thank you guys you confirm it was the PSU!!!

Thank you for posting the solution to your problem. I'm sure it'll help someone down the road.

Conners

Yes, thanks for posting! Seems more and more PSU's are causing issues these days, wonder why?

Just a small update on the matter :
    I returned the 750-HP and bought the 770-XT power supply (risking again with Zalman) but this time all went really smooth!!!

So it's the 750-HP or the whole HP series that has the problem.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information