Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-P35-DS3L Won't post with 8gb memory

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3L Won't post with 8gb memory

Since you are doing basically the same thing I did, which is to bump up the voltage, and also to query the memory with software and then set it manually...it should work.

Only thing popping into my head right now is when you run memtest and click the SPD button to query your ram, I did notice that there is a pulldown menu on that window that pops up so you can look at the stats of each memory stick individually. Maybe, just maybe, there are subtle differences between your 2 sets of RAM? Look at all 4 chips' settings and go with the lowest common denominator as far as each setting is concerned.

Default Re: GA-P35-DS3L Won't post with 8gb memory

There are none each stick is exactly the same. Without being redundant I will post one pic. Each pair reports same exact numbers. Tested the ram slots overnight all appear functioning and passing memtest fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mazobob View Post
    Since you are doing basically the same thing I did, which is to bump up the voltage, and also to query the memory with software and then set it manually...it should work.

Only thing popping into my head right now is when you run memtest and click the SPD button to query your ram, I did notice that there is a pulldown menu on that window that pops up so you can look at the stats of each memory stick individually. Maybe, just maybe, there are subtle differences between your 2 sets of RAM? Look at all 4 chips' settings and go with the lowest common denominator as far as each setting is concerned.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information