Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EP45-UD3P boot loop then dead

Default EP45-UD3P boot loop then dead

EP45-UD3P boot loop then dead
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    I have had this board online and working for 7 months now with no issues what so ever. Last week I was playing a game, and then went to eat. When I came back, the screen was black. I then pushed reset on the computer and it started into a boot looping. It got as far as starting windows and blacked out and reboot. The hard drive light flashes then stops. After a minute or two it reboots and starts over.
    I thought it might be a windows 7 RC thing, so I put the drive into another computer and it booted that computer right up. But I did not stop there. I then reformatted the drive and started a fresh install. But when it needed to reboot to finish the install it still only boots the screen (Starting windows) and then reboots again.
    <o:p></o:p>
    1-I have cleared the c-mos and loaded the advance setting
    2-I pulled out the ram and booted. It just went into a loop with no post
    3-I tried each stick of ram in slot one and got the boot loop after the starting windows screen.
    4- It has never been over clocked
    I have
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel Rev. 1.1
    G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)<o:p></o:p>
    Evga 8800 gtx<o:p></o:p>
    CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W<o:p></o:p>
    ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet<o:p></o:p>
    WD Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb<o:p></o:p>
    Hanns·G HH-251HPB Black 24.6" 2ms HDMI Widescreen<o:p></o:p>
    Core 2 Quad Q6600<o:p></o:p>
    I do not know of anything else to try. My thoughts are a dead mother board. <o:p></o:p>

kick is offline Senior Member

Default Re: EP45-UD3P boot loop then dead

On our boards theres a difference between post loop and boot loop.
    getting to the windows screen is a boot problem.
    In step 3 when you got the windows screen, it posted
    Theres a lot of threads about this ,but for now get into the bios..since it seems you are able to?.
    Load and save optimum defaults and reboot,
    You may need some form of system restore from safe mode /or not after that.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

I did try a system restore with the cd. It said I had a hardware problem and could not fit it.
    I then took out the hard drive and wrote zero’s to the drive and tried to install windows again. It was loading fine until it needed to reboot. Then it started all over with the boot looping. It would not go past the loading windows screen.

did you load n save n load the optimimum defaults in bios when you were able to?
    Ive never had to reinstall win xp or vista yet.. in like 3 years(yeh who cares) but if its workin once it should work again.
    Try get into win safe mode n no reinstall..windows 7 i havent tried yet.
    Im assuming theres nothing wrong with the hardware..I thrash mine a bit but nps so far.
    There is a post I replied to with a similar prob to yours awhile back.. im too lazy to go looking but he got it sorted,
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

I am always able to get into the bios. I did load and save then boot. It does all the post messages and starts the loading windows screen. Then it blacks out the hard drive light stops flashing then a minute or two later it will reboot and start all over.
    I have been running with this setup since windows beta, then windows 7 RC. I also have loaded in winxp. Bu went back to the win 7 RC and everything worked fine until a few days ago when I came back into the room to a black screen and rebooted. It seams if the video card was bad, I would not see anything at all. One other thing. After this happen I could not get any video with the HDMI cable. I had to use the standard cable to get video.

Well perhaps some corruption on drivers even,,if its going back to standard Vga.
    Try specifying the dvd as the first boot device and you get a repair/ restore option on a vista dvd.Your os versions I dont know if thats available.
    Maybe something has gone wrong on the hardware,it would be v annoying for me after 7 months if I hadnt clocked anyting..as it is I could sccept that maybe something had been stressed .
    For u tho especially since you can get into bios and display id hope its just some software corrupt.
    Current Systems:

I do not see were it would be a bad driver, as I tried to load a clean install as I done many times before. Could it be a bad video card causing this problem? I did hook up the monitor to another computer and my HDMI cable is working just fine on that computer.
    But again, you would think if the video card was bad. It would not show the loading windows screen

Will Windows load in safe mode?

It may very well be component failure or something is loose. I've recently binned a laptop (Acer Aspire 3100) for this same issue. All signs pointed to the HDD. I replaced it and the issue morphed into a blue screen regarding EIDE drivers. After taking the lappy apart, I discovered a section of the main board involved with the IDE controler was scorched. The original drive was also confirmed dead the same day in an external EIDE caddy. Whatever blew the HDD also took out the controller, or visa versa.

You can try removing, cleaning and then re-installing the easily removable components, ie video card (clean the contacts carefully then insert and remove a few times to help clean the slot pins) and RAM (again be careful and remove then reseat several times).

If that doesn't help, then I'd recommend some thorough troubleshooting. Personally I'd remove the board from the case and set it up on some cardboard, taking the usual anti-static precautions ofc. This will eliminate any short circuits between board and case. As the PC's been up and running 7 months, something may have worked loose, like a screw etc.

At this point it would be a good idea to remove the HSF, take out the CPU and check the mobo socket for damaged pins. Also remove any dust carefully, then clean off the old TIM, apply new and reseat. After doing this, check that if using a bolt through HSF, the metal back plate isn't shorting anything out on the back of the board.

Using a single stick of RAM in slot 1, the GFX card and HDD see if the PC will load Windows. If not, swap the stick of ram to slot 2 and re-try. If not use slots 3 and 4, then try the other stick.

If RAM makes no difference, then re-insert a single stick into slot 1 and try another GFX card. It can be any card you like that's known to be working, Either PCIe or PCI will doo (not AGP ofc), as it's just for troubleshooting. You may find a format and re-install is needed, as Windows may still be trying to load the driver for the old card. If the load to Windows is successful then odds are you have a faulty GFX card.

During all this, use the standard DVI connector for your monitor or the VGA connector.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Ok I went and loaded in windows xp 32 bit and it loaded and booted into windows. I did not install the graphics drivers, just what xp gave it to run.
    But I can’t keep it on this computer. I am going to format and install windows 7 32 bit and see what happens. If that works then I will try windows 7 RC 64 bit again.
    Is it possible that something to do with the 64 bit on the motherboard or processor? I did try both 32 bit and 64 bit with windows xp 32 bit program and it worked with both.

It won't be the CPU or the board at fault. It's more likely to be a problem with a 64 bit driver. Did you recently upgrade the GFX card driver? If so and you used the same driver for the re-install of Vista, then try downgrading to the version you wee using previously.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information