Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EP45-UD3P Fried. Urgent help please!

Default Re: EP45-UD3P Fried. Urgent help please!

You must use standoffs to mount the board in the case!!! There are no alternatives. They are there to keep the board from shorting. That metal strip is a stiffener. The standoffs should have come with your case not the motherboard. I would check with your case manufacturer since the height of the standoff is important.

Yeah. I realise that. Learnt it the hard way I guess.

kick is offline Senior Member

This may seem like "believe it or not" but I actually bought that case .I told the store I was testing it out and if it didnt have clearance for my cooler could i return it.
    They agreed.
    Its roomy front to back but the construction is cheap,came with one built in 120 fan i think.
    The main point tho is ,it was of the , you do have to screw in brass standoffs..and they were in my box.
    The actual mbrd mounting panel was v thin with depressions punched into it to add rigidity from what I remember,I returned it the next day.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

I apologize for the issues your having, but I have to say if your a novice you should read the motherboard installation manual that's a real that you didn't. (I still do after 15 years of assembling systems)..

I think we as overclockers are more advanced than regular everyday pc users, and understand the ins an outs of assembling a system correctly.

I really feel sorry for your issue, but it's a problem caused by lack of knowledge. I suggest you take out the manual that came with the motherboard and read it carefully and also do some GOOGLE research on system building, before attempting ANYTHING involving your own valuable components.

Remember if your not a chef stay out of the kitchen at least till you learn how to cook..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intel Q9550 (C1 Stepping) @ 4GHZ 500FSB

Thermalright Ultra 120mm & IC 7 Carat with 120mm Logisys Green LED fan.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (Rev 1.0)

8 Gigs OCZ Platinum PC-8500 (5-5-5-18)

2 Western Digital 250 gigs 16mb Cache SATA II's Raid-0 Array

Vista Ultimate 64 bit Operating System

PC Power & Cooling Silent 610 watt SLI certified
    80 PLUS

Cooler Master CM 690 (Nvidia Edition)

Case Cooling: 3 120mm Logisys Green LED fans, 2 120mm Panaflow top mounted extractors and 1 Cooler Master Silent front mounted Green LED120mm fan

EVGA GTX 260 (Stock Speed)

Need help please.

I had a word with newegg and as it's beyond 30 days, they, as expected, won't take the motherboard.

Now, Gigabyte has a 3 yrs warranty and I have a Service Net 1 yr replacement plan.

What option should I use? Who is more likely to give me a replacement?
    (I am not even sure if I owe one as this sure was 'accident due to handling')

Please help.

rma discussions banned , sticky above.^ its probly a choice youd have to make yourself ,perhaps there are posts out there you could google :(
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

Quote Originally Posted by nileshdd View Post
    Need help please.

I had a word with newegg and as it's beyond 30 days, they, as expected, won't take the motherboard.

Now, Gigabyte has a 3 yrs warranty and I have a Service Net 1 yr replacement plan.

What option should I use? Who is more likely to give me a replacement?
    (I am not even sure if I owe one as this sure was 'accident due to handling')

Please help.
    There is no grounds for warranty of any kind. You damaged the board through your own actions. There was nothing wrong with the product. Illegal RMAs are done all the time, and help drive up the prices of parts for the rest of us. Living up to your mistakes is the mark of a man, not how many times you can rip off a company.
    i7 3770K, 47X100= 4.7GHz at 1.33V, ASROCK Z77 Extreme4, 2 X 4GB Patriot Viper Black Maba DDR3 1600, GTX 590, 2 X Corsair Force 3 120GB SSDs in RAID 0, Barracuda SATA 7200.10 500GB, Barracuda SATA 7200.11 1000GB Back Ups, OCZ ZX 1250W, Z-5500s, LG Blu Ray Player/DVD Burner, Koolance CTR-CD12 Fan/Pump Controller, Windows 7 X64 Professional, HAF X. Vision Quest 24" WS LCD, Optoma H66 Projector
    Cooling: Thermochill PA120.2 GT AP15 in push, DDC 3.25/XSPC Res top, Apogee Xt Extreme, XSPC Razor, Coolgate CG-240 Swiftech Helix in push/pull, MCP35X.

You have a point, Capt. Proton.

I am going with a basic G31-MES2L for now.

Anyways, thank you everybody for your help.:)

a basic quad mbrd is like $50? ep -45 say $100.Perhaps since its partially coolermasters fault u could get case price from them/the vendor.
    even email the situation to those concerned .If they tell u too bad.
    No loss.
    Current Systems:

Quote Originally Posted by by Kick
    a basic quad mbrd is like $50? ep -45 say $100.Perhaps since its partially coolermasters fault u could get case price from them/the vendor.
    even email the situation to those concerned .If they tell u too bad.
    No loss.
    Now there's an excellent idea and lay it own thick about now receiving the brass standoffs. Theys still need to supply you with these none the less.

BTW I been assembling and overclocking computer for about 150 days and say what they don't know won't hurt them on the motherboard. I don't mind helping a person out by paying more for my product. All books are good for is paperweights. Get in there and git er done. Howerver if all esle fails read the manusl, at least the part your having trouble with.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information