Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Q9550 @ 500FSB On EP45-UD3P...

Default Re: Q9550 @ 500FSB On EP45-UD3P...

Jebus christ. You don't have the capacity, knowledge or IQ to threaten me. Your knowledge of simple concepts is so limited it seems that a debate with you simply isn't possible. Tell me in which way would I find you threatening? Anyone is welcome to post an intelligent opinion here. Well thought out, well researched opinion is always welcome. Do you really think ignoring half the BIOS settings you have at your disposal is wise? Do you think that th best way to make a car go faster is to fill it with much more explosive fuel? Or to race it down a steep hill? Or can you get a better performing machine by tuning engine management, boaring out cylinders, adding different cams for the conditions etc. By your logic, a Formula 1 team may as well use slick tyres in the wet, because after all, the risk of slipping off the track is just the same as if using tyres designed to disperse the water, according to you.

Read some studdies on the subjects you quote. it IS FACT that SRD increases, as does its severity with how much is smoked. It's FACT you can read for yourself. YES the biggest increase in risk is going from not smoking at all to smoking a mere 1-5 per day. The risk though does not stay the same if you're chalking (English colloquialism) down 60 a day As you're so fond of saying "Search Google".

There's no quote clipping involved on my part, and I'm not passing judgement on anyone else. If you feel that Conners has miss-represented you then respond in a civil manner rather than name calling, stone throwing and willy waving)

If all you can do is constantly hurl abuse at people who don't agree with you, in the guise that you're the victim, and that that is actually what's happening to you, then just leave. This place is for inelegant debate. You may want to try the Steam forum instead.

It's times like this when I wish the forum was moderated a little more aggressively.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Quote Originally Posted by Storm2313 View Post
    Psycho your quote clipping buddy and you can go about posting all day long the same crap over and over..

Deal with the fact your a self rightous person..It's what you are I don't know why your so effected by someone doing what you aren't...I guess it boils down to feeling threatned..

I like your smoking breakdown from my example..Once again he thinks his answer is the truth...Keep believing..Connors and you are a good team hopefully you can keep the people amused in these forums with your antecs long enough to keep them from doing there own research..

Connors thinks he's a politician.. I'm sure he disapproves of this message....Clip some more buddy..

The posting here has nothing to do with advice it's a gospel preached by revern Psycho and Politician Connors....

I guess being your both the know it all of overclocking everyone here can ask you how to hit 500 FSB??..

What no followers..I guess even Charles Manson had to recruit for a while
    Clasic example No. 2 almost text book. Deflect and attack the person...

Actually liberal is a way of life and thought (ideology) and if you like political. BTW he mentioned politics not me...

All I ask is to answer my questions I have in his posts....That's it nothing else , no name calling, no deflections.... Oh and he's from California that explains it all.... Thats funny a guy from California trying to tell peeps how to do stuff when they can't even run their own state...lol
    Last edited by Conners; 08-06-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Easy kids:) Let's ease the tone a little and have a polite conversation that avoids personal attacks.

All chips are different and there are several on motherboards, hell it is getting to the point where there are several on processors.

Storm,

Actually, I consider all on this forum my friends. I try to be respectful to all and try to help and learn when I can. Psycho certainly doesn't need anybody to defend him as he is more than capable of doing that himself. I think the reason why this thread has been shot to $hit is because of your approach and understanding or perhaps perception of risk. I was surprised if not floored by your opinion of risk with the smoking analogy. Unfortunately you seem to share that same philosophy about voltages and I think that is why there is such a divergence in opinions here about it.

I hope it doesn't seem like I am joining in with the Storm bashing, because that is not my intent. If you feel that I am, I apologize in advance. It's just that I can't help but shake my head when I read this thread.

All the best my friend.
    1) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @445x9@1.2625v bios, TRUE 120, Scythe UltraKaze 44cfm, 4x2gb GSkill 8500, Visiontek 3870, Corsair TX850, Antec 900, Win7-64 Home.
    2) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @500x8.5@1.2875v bios, TRUE 120, Schythe UltraKaze 44 cfm, 4x2gb Buffalo FireStyx 8500, XFX 5770, Corsair AX850, CM Scout, WinXP Pro/Win 7-64 Home.
    3) Gigabyte P55A-UD4P (rev 1.0, bios F5) i5 750 @190x20@1.30625v bios, CM Hyper 212+, 4x2gb G.Skill Ripjaw 1600, 7900GS, Corsair TX750, CM Scout, Win7 Pro-64.
    4) Asus P8Z68-V Pro (bios 0801), i5-2500K @44x100@1.248v cpuz, Megahalem rev.B, 4x4gb GSkill Sniper 1600, Corsair AX850, Antec 902, Corsair Performance 3 128GB, Win7-64 Home.

kick is offline Senior Member

To get back to the original post.Yes many have achieved this stable but on posts some time ago, most have moved on to getting the 50 % overclock as I have advised "kick said it was good and lo it was as prophesised and there was wonderment among the people"

Those who didnt listen/ ignored kick's advice were banished to the wilderness and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth and quite a few losses of vital bodily appendages due to the termerity of disagreeing with Kick.(dropkick syndrome)

The true extent of my advanced cooling and temperature reduction success is contained in this link
    YouTube - Farting Squirrel commercial A Fresh Air Explosion
    Last edited by kick; 08-06-2009 at 07:08 AM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

I can't believe you continue to bash me due to me not agreeing with you

You are both entitled to your opinions and that's what they are and all they are..

You have no facts to back up what you say and all along all I said is we base our strategy on what we feel comfortable with..

I don't have a following like you do here, and it surprises me your allowed to continue this attack..First my heads in my arse then my IQ isn't yours, I'm a liberal and then where I live is brought up (BY THE WAY I LIVE IN FLORIDA)..

You are sad excuses for role models here in this forum or any even if the moderator doesn't step in..

As for my smoking example argue my point you will however the point stands..you do your scientific break down all you would like...We as overclockers don't know if a chip has a manufacturing flaw in it that when we go over volting even .1 of a volt we find the chip fails and the guy that smokes a pack a day is more prone to cancer through heredity to being more prone to cancer (human manufacturing flaw if you will)..We as individuals do not choose the percentage of risk cause it doesn't exist with a formula..

If it does what percentage are you saying your voltages are 10, 20 30% so I must be at 80% according to you now prove it..sorry you can't..My cpu could outlast any of yours attacking me we just don't know..

Sorry to say guys all you have proved is your bullies and attack the ones that disagree with certain overclocking principles..
    Last edited by Storm2313; 08-06-2009 at 07:38 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intel Q9550 (C1 Stepping) @ 4GHZ 500FSB

Thermalright Ultra 120mm & IC 7 Carat with 120mm Logisys Green LED fan.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (Rev 1.0)

8 Gigs OCZ Platinum PC-8500 (5-5-5-18)

2 Western Digital 250 gigs 16mb Cache SATA II's Raid-0 Array

Vista Ultimate 64 bit Operating System

PC Power & Cooling Silent 610 watt SLI certified
    80 PLUS

Cooler Master CM 690 (Nvidia Edition)

Case Cooling: 3 120mm Logisys Green LED fans, 2 120mm Panaflow top mounted extractors and 1 Cooler Master Silent front mounted Green LED120mm fan

EVGA GTX 260 (Stock Speed)

you do your scientific break down all you would like...We as overclockers don't know if a chip has a manufacturing flaw in it that when we go over volting even .1 of a volt we find the chip fails and the guy that smokes a pack a day is more prone to cancer through heredity to being more prone to cancer (human manufacturing flaw if you will)..We as individuals do not choose the percentage of risk cause it doesn't exist with a formula..
    When gauging risk, cpu's or people with a manufacturing flaw have a different degree of risk than those without manufacturing flaws, as they would be inherently higher. We are discussing risk relative to most cpu's and most people on average. Hence using exceptions to debunk what applies for most cpu's and people would not be meaningful. Further there are methods of calculating risk with formulae but that is beyond the scope of this forum because it would be to costly and it would require acquiring a lot of statistical data, which most people just aren't going to do with respect to oc'ing methodologies. Insurance companies use statistical data to develop and calculate risk levels for their applicants. Finance wizards use formula's and models to calculate risk levels to base their business decisions. Even when quantitative analysis can't be used to gauge risk, qualitative methods may have to be used. Risk means cost to business so business try to quantify those risk because it has a direct impact on profitability. Anyway I am getting off topic.

All the best.
    1) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @445x9@1.2625v bios, TRUE 120, Scythe UltraKaze 44cfm, 4x2gb GSkill 8500, Visiontek 3870, Corsair TX850, Antec 900, Win7-64 Home.
    2) Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (rev 1.1, bios F9) E8400 @500x8.5@1.2875v bios, TRUE 120, Schythe UltraKaze 44 cfm, 4x2gb Buffalo FireStyx 8500, XFX 5770, Corsair AX850, CM Scout, WinXP Pro/Win 7-64 Home.
    3) Gigabyte P55A-UD4P (rev 1.0, bios F5) i5 750 @190x20@1.30625v bios, CM Hyper 212+, 4x2gb G.Skill Ripjaw 1600, 7900GS, Corsair TX750, CM Scout, Win7 Pro-64.
    4) Asus P8Z68-V Pro (bios 0801), i5-2500K @44x100@1.248v cpuz, Megahalem rev.B, 4x4gb GSkill Sniper 1600, Corsair AX850, Antec 902, Corsair Performance 3 128GB, Win7-64 Home.

I have made my point all the best in these forums..

Once again there is no formula to prove I am risking my cpu more than them..

I hope anyone reading these posts do research for the best settings you are comfortable with..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Intel Q9550 (C1 Stepping) @ 4GHZ 500FSB

Thermalright Ultra 120mm & IC 7 Carat with 120mm Logisys Green LED fan.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (Rev 1.0)

8 Gigs OCZ Platinum PC-8500 (5-5-5-18)

2 Western Digital 250 gigs 16mb Cache SATA II's Raid-0 Array

Vista Ultimate 64 bit Operating System

PC Power & Cooling Silent 610 watt SLI certified
    80 PLUS

Cooler Master CM 690 (Nvidia Edition)

Case Cooling: 3 120mm Logisys Green LED fans, 2 120mm Panaflow top mounted extractors and 1 Cooler Master Silent front mounted Green LED120mm fan

EVGA GTX 260 (Stock Speed)

Chike is offline Senior Member

Once again there is no formula to prove I am risking my cpu more than them..
    Of course there is, it's called statistics, only we don't have the data.
    If for example statistics shows that 1 of a 100 CPU will be damaged within a year with a 1.45v vcore, and only 1 of a 1000 will be damaged within a year with a 1.4v vcore it will sure mean 1.45v is at higher rist than 1.4v.
    Doesn't mean any 1.45v vcore CPU will live less than a 1.4v vcore CPU, only that the probability it will have shorter life is higher.
    And I can't be accused of supporting everything Psycho101 says

KayossZero is offline Junior Member

Thumbs down Re: Q9550 @ 500FSB On EP45-UD3P...

Quote Originally Posted by Conners View Post
    Told ya so a liberal will avoid answering questions and either change the subject or attack the person. Which did he do?
    Now page 2
    I suppose because of your Avatar you think you're special with mom and apple pie and you run around with a flag lapel thinking it means anything when it doesn't.

See I can play this game too of trying to stereo type people, I'm Liberal and believe many things you probably don't but that's besides the point this is a tech forum, comments like that are just as uncalled for as Storm's inability to see things from a few of your perspectives.

There's a few good posts in this thread but sadly a lot of bad ones. It simply comes down to X believes what it wants to believe and Y believes what it wants to believe and neither is going to change so my suggestion is to stop trying at this point and let people fall down and make their own mistakes, at that point they may smarten up, with out you losing face along the way in a silly argument.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information