Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: POST i7 CORE TEMPS HERE!!!

Default Re: POST i7 CORE TEMPS HERE!!!

and i have heard the same, along with the noctua . How about the IFX-14? heard that ones a beast.

no it wasnt an asian guy, chunky white dude. My most f'd up experience there was with this one sales associate back by the cpu fans/coolers. i literallly waited about 15 minutes for him to help me then when he did , he had no idea what he was talking about , spent about 1 minute at most helping me find something , which i never ended up finding and there site showed 3 in stock. Then he turned his attention away from to help some other people and left me for dead. lol i never ever complain , but when MC sent me a survey, i took the time to let them know.

I think i may just be using a bit too much paste. gonna go down tomorow and check em out, sure it wont make maybe a 2-3c difference, but ill give it a shot. Also gonna try the supplied Noctua paste with my cooler and apply less.

I dont see many C0's around here now, so PETER, do me a huge favor and send me over your complete previous bios settings for 4.0ghz on your C0 if ya dont mind. maybe i can get some improvement out of it.

Anybody care to reply on post #188 regarding Crysis ?
    i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
    Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
    6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
    WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by peter89 View Post
    Was it the Asian guy at the Detroit MC? If so don't listen to that guy he's a real jackass. From everything I've read the Meg is an excellent cooler. That and the TRUE are supposed to be the best.
    They are indeed. However, for the TRUE to perform as well as the Prolimatech, it needs to be lapped. It's notorious for having a concave base.

Quote Originally Posted by dbee View Post
    and i have heard the same, along with the noctua . How about the IFX-14? heard that ones a beast.

I think i may just be using a bit too much paste. gonna go down tomorow and check em out, sure it wont make maybe a 2-3c difference, but ill give it a shot. Also gonna try the supplied Noctua paste with my cooler and apply less.

I dont see many C0's around here now, so PETER, do me a huge favor and send me over your complete previous bios settings for 4.0ghz on your C0 if ya dont mind. maybe i can get some improvement out of it.

Anybody care to reply on post #188 regarding Crysis ?
    The IFX-14 performs about the same as the Megahalem and then TRUE, but it's much more expensive. In my opinion it isn't worth it... but who am I kidding, I dropped about $400 into my cooling!

What kind of TIM are you using? From my readings, MX-2 was the best for a while, but has recently been replaced. Currently the two best are IC-7 Diamond and MX-3, which can be found at Petra's Tech Shop.

I had a C0 but was having a few issues with it deciding not to boot sometimes. I ended up RMA'ing it and received a D0 in replacement. I was pretty pumped about that. When my C0 did work, I took it to 3.8 with 1.35V, but I didn't change much more than that.

With regards to Crysis, you really need to use in-game AA and AF. If you do it with an outside source, it applies the filtering to every single object, whereas in-game AA and AF only apply the filter to the objects that need it. I'm not sure how your profile works, but if it is indeed using some other source to apply the filters, you might want to change that.

Anyways, my D0 at 4.3 with HT on maxes around 66-67C under LinX. I love my watercooling :D
    A Table!
    i7 950
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
    6GB STT Hypers 2133 8-8-8 21
    MSI GTX 470 GE
    Corsair HX1000
    SS or Dice/MW80/MCP655 Vario/MCR 320

Hellu all...

just a noob tried to share my temp result..

i7 920 D0 @ 3990 (190 x 21). vcore 1.31875..
    QPI/VTT 1.315
    IOH core voltage 1.16
    Mem voltage 1.64..
    old IFX 14 with 1366 retention kit.. [push pull fan (TT 12 cm fan - 2800 RPM push) and (CM 12 cm 2000 RPM - pull)]
    TIM noctua

only succeded the 38 minutes of the Prime95..
    ambient temp 27 - 29 C.. idle 38C. full load 78 C..
    still tweaking the BIOS though..

thx alll..
    Intel i5 4.00 gHz @ 1.350v
    Gigabyte GA P55 UD6 (rev 1.0) BIOS F6
    Gskill PC12800 4GB kit 4gbeco
    TRUX BLACK rev C (TT smart fan 12 cm + CM fan 12 cm 90CFM)
    ATI 4890 (950 / 1150)
    Maxtor 500 gb + Hitachi 500 GB
    Corsair TX850
    Power Logic Ultima Thunder
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

The IFX-14 performs about the same as the Megahalem and then TRUE, but it's much more expensive. In my opinion it isn't worth it... but who am I kidding,
    I have no doubt in my mind and from the reviews I have read that the IFX-14 outperforms all else on todays market.

This picture is from a review on xbitlabs where identical fans were used.

Prolimatech Megahalems and 12 Other Coolers for Intel Core i7 Overclocking (page 19) - X-bit labs

Now just think of the possibility of attaching 3 fans onto this cooler - its quite cool as you can imagine.

About TIM; The best I have ever used, and I have used a lot is Coollaboratory Liquid Pro - which is 100% liquid metal and you REALLY do not want to drop any onto your motherboard.

Now if you go back in this thread a couple of pages and look on my temperatures they are quite impressive considering I have a C0 processor. And the fact I can overclock to 4.4 GHZ on air should tell you a thing or two.

Poul

4.4Ghz. on Air?

Quote Originally Posted by Grnkjr0 View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind and from the reviews I have read that the IFX-14 outperforms all else on todays market.

This picture is from a review on xbitlabs where identical fans were used.

Now just think of the possibility of attaching 3 fans onto this cooler - its quite cool as you can imagine.

About TIM; The best I have ever used, and I have used a lot is Coollaboratory Liquid Pro - which is 100% liquid metal and you REALLY do not want to drop any onto your motherboard.

Now if you go back in this thread a couple of pages and look on my temperatures they are quite impressive considering I have a C0 processor. And the fact I can overclock to 4.4 GHZ on air should tell you a thing or two.

Poul
    Yes poul.. i agree with you..
    this is one of the review that made choose this cooler.

wow... 4.4 Ghz on air is still a "WOW" poul..

my 920 D0 3.990 MHz with 1.31875v.. was failed the Linx test on 26 minutes.. and also failed the Prime95 (blend test) on 38 minutes...
    during those test the max temp was 77 degrees C. idle temp was 36 degrees..
    BTW my room ambient temp was 26 degrees C (i guess)..

i used it with 2 fan (push pull configuration).. i put the cooler in horizontal position. with the Thermal Take smart fan 12 cm (2600 RPM) as the "push" fan.. and Cooler master 12 cm "90CFM" (2000 RPM)as the pull fan.. the CM fan is on the middle space between those 2 tower...

oh y... i used Noctua (NT H1) thermal paste.. i applied the thermal paste in small single line on the central proccessor (vertically along the proccessor)..

so Poul.. i want to ask few things about the IFX 14..
    1. which one is better.. the horizontal position or the vertical one?
    2. coz i have a different fan. with TT poured much larger CFM... which one should put as the push fan or the pull fan?
    3. how do you applied the thermal paste? i've read the review on bechmarkreview.com that the best way to applied the TIM is by single line on the center of proc.. this is the link..
    4. i'm deeply apprecitate if could you give me your BIOS setting? with LSD BIOS template if you could....

thx poul...
    ATI 4890 (950 / 1150)
    Corsair TX850

Good stuff guys. BassPlayer- im using the usual AS5 . I do have a good feeling im using a bit too much , and will try another reseat with less to see of any improvement. Seen a review about GELID extreme, supposed to be the new awesome one.

Well my Nvidia control panel is set to "use application setting" and nothing is conflicting. The difference in a Furmark bench between stock and my OC is about 500 frames. I would guess that dividing that into 60 would give me how many extra FPS i would get in game. I cannot see it for myself however, since anything other than stock clock slows it down literally in half.

I would get much better improvement in just flipping my C0 and get a D0 , rather than worry too much about the cooler itself which i had paid 80 bucks for, plus overnight shipping , so the damn cooler alone cost me like 120 .

Liquid metal?! thats crazy man. gonna order me a barrel of that stuff and make me a T-1000. Poul, your a beast with that C0. The IFX clearly does the job- not just by a degree or 2, but 4c of the next closest guys is excellent.

Alisundoro, i used to be mounted horizontally, the rear case fan sucking out what the noctua was pulling out. Vertically, does the same with 2 top case fans. Either way, i have not seen much temp difference. Best way would just be however its most comfortable in ur case.
    i7 930 @ 4.2 ghz (200x21) 1.34 vcore 1.33 qpi
    Noctua U12P se1366 Push Pull w/scythe slipstreams
    6GBOCZ1333 @ 1600 - 9 9 9 24 1.64v
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R f11
    Corsair tx750 PSU
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    Intel SSD80GBG2C1 OS/Apps
    WD Caviar Black 500gb Data
    ASUS Xonar DX
    Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    CM690 Case 3 in 3 out
    Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by dbee View Post
    Good stuff guys. BassPlayer- im using the usual AS5 . I do have a good feeling im using a bit too much , and will try another reseat with less to see of any improvement. Seen a review about GELID extreme, supposed to be the new awesome one.
    For AS5 to perform to its fullest, it needs to cure. If I recall, this curing time is pretty lengthy as well. Not sure what it is, though. Let us know how your temperatures change!

Also, since the IFX-14 is made by Thermalright, like the Ultra Extreme 120 (TRUE), it's possible it has a concave base as well. Try the razor test to see if lapping it would help.

P.S. Do I have to do this verification every time, or will it go away after a certain amount of posts?
    A Table!
    i7 950
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
    MSI GTX 470 GE
    Corsair HX1000

Thx dbee.

I will stay with the horizontal position then.

Right now my TT smart fan is making to much noise n vibration. Its louder than it used to. I thinking of changing to another CM fan.

-ali-
    ATI 4890 (950 / 1150)
    Corsair TX850

Are you using the CM R4? That's probably the best fan they make. I have a few of the TT Smart Fans. While they perform well, they're really loud.

You might look into a fan controller. You can turn them up when gaming and stuff and turn them down when idling. I have the Sunbeamtech Rheobus Extreme.
    A Table!
    i7 950
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9
    MSI GTX 470 GE
    Corsair HX1000

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information