Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Timings for GA-X48-DQ6

Default Timings for GA-X48-DQ6

Hello

I am new to gigabyte MBs and whenever I install anything more than 1GB of ram I always get the error please insert correct CD and it cannot seem to install games. I also get many weired memory issues.
    The strange thing is 1GB works fine and I have swapped the memory around, both work individually but not together.
    I do not know about CAs latency time etc can anyone help me out so I can actually use 2GB of memory.
    Details of PC are;
    XP Pro
    MB X48-DQ6
    Quad core
    1GB Geil memory
    Geforce 8800 GT

Default Re: Timings for GA-X48-DQ6

You should inser RAM into same colored slots. Try both slot colors. Boot from a Windows Vista DVD to start the Windows Memory Diagnosis tool or download Memtest and run that to test the RAM.

You should not need to change any memory timings, the automatic timings should run fine on any non-defective RAM.

Thanks for reply but I have tried it in same cloured slots and also tried ram in both coloured slots 1gb works but never 2gb

If possible borrow some other RAM and try that. If that doesn't work either you probably ogt a bad board and need to RMA it :(

Thread Information