Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Realtek sound issues

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Realtek sound issues

What did you see this option shown in xp on, the manual or somewhere else? Can you show me an image of this option on the interface if it is not in your manual?

Just wondering so I can look further into this for you as I can test on any OS here.

I do not see this option on Vista anywhere, so I need to know what image you are looking at so I can know what to look for. If it is just some random image, or even one in a manual, it could be older interface and not an actual setting available anymore.

Gigabyte logo will be there, even if you download direct from Realtek so that is nothing to worry about.

*EDIT*

I found an image of what you mean, looks to me like they removed that option or integrated it into something else possibly?

See here is mine in Vista (R2.29 Drivers) and the option is not there >>

RealTek Downloaded Drivers

Looks to be a 2007 post, so like I said you may also have been looking at a older interface >>

5.1 Sound Problem in Vista :( - Neowin Forums

So I am not sure what to suggest or say other then maybe please email RealTek and ask them if this setting should be visible for you. Here is their contact page >>
    Realtek

Let us know what they have to say
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-11-2009 at 03:49 PM.

I have attached the images from my Sound Manager - see how different they are in xp. Lots of posts moaning about why realtek removed that option from the drivers in Vista, but most say they should be there in xp.

Second image

third image

Ya I knew they were very different in XP, that's why I wanted to see an image of what you had seen showing this option in XP.

Can you please show me? But Like I said It may just have been an older removed feature?

I never had this option, which many others said ought to be there in other forums. Oh well, in any case this may be temporary. By Jan 2010, I may upgrade to Windows 7 anyway with a SSD
    Last edited by sandeep108; 08-11-2009 at 04:13 PM.

Ahh, so you have never seen an image of it in XP? Only what people "Said"?

I'd contact RealTek and see what they have to say, I am sure they will reply to you.

If you do, let us know what they say

Yes. I thought realtek would have an option similar to that of creative's cmss3d - essentially a speaker fill option - but it seemed it did earlier and now has been removed, for reasons best known to realtek.

From what I further read, audio is handled quite differently in Vista/W7 and therefore when realtek allowed that option, it produced quite a bit of distortion in the rear/side speakers. The later drivers removed that option for Vista/W7, apparently left it for xp, but it does seem that from 2.23 (the ones I got with my MB) that option is not there for xp also.

Let me try and contact realtek and see what they say (if I get a response).

Sounds good, let us know what they tell you.

If you want I can get you some older drivers, but you need to tell me when you think the change was made, like what version you think might still have it

Surprise, surprise, this is the fastest response I have ever got from a tech support, though it is inaccurate, since the current drivers do not give the option in Vista/W7:

Dear Sir,
    We are sorry WinXP does not support speaker fill function.
    We recommend upgarde OS to Vista or Win7.

Best regards,
    PC-Tech

寄件日期: 2009年8月11日 下午 04:38
    收件者: Pctech
    主旨: Realtek drivers

- Hide quoted text -
    Dear Sir,
    I am having latest Gigabyte x58 Extreme motherboard with Realtek HD Audio. I have installed latest drivers (2.29) and my OS is XP SP3. I am having 5.1 hi-fi speaker system.

I am not having option of 'speaker fill' anywhere in sound manager. I am therefore unable to play mp3 or audio CD in pc with full surround 5.1 sound.

Creative sound manager has this option.

Please re-enable this option in your next driver version.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information