Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Realtek sound issues

Default Re: Realtek sound issues

Quote Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
    As I mentioned, selecting 8ch and then setting the rear, seems to give me better sound, than selecting 5.1 and setting rear as sides. It does not allow selecting as rear if you opt for 5.1 speaker system. But I am running xp sp3.
    Hang on, but then most games/movies are in 5.1 but still it will be better?

As far as my knowledge goes, 5.1 sound should get populated with the rears, rather than the sides with 7.1 selected. You can always try your 5.1 DVD/games either way and decide which way you like it set up.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Looks like you are all set on the speaker ch selection now right? Hope so, if not let us know.

The driver image I posted is as linked, some 2007 driver and speaker fill is no longer a option

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Looks like you are all set on the speaker ch selection now right? Hope so, if not let us know.

The driver image I posted is as linked, some 2007 driver and speaker fill is no longer a option
    Was that driver for Vista by any chance?

Because I tried to install some R1.67 vista version on windows 7 and it said that it dint support. I was assuming vista driver to work on windows 7.

Anyway, do you have any idea regarding the rear and side speakers on 5.1 as mentioned in my previous posts?

I am not sure, I linked the page I took the image from. You will have to go read there posts. You may even be able to dig up that driver through google, but it may not work with your onboard realtek chip, but always worth a shot if you are interested in it.

XP and Vista drivers should work on windows 7. Of course some may not though. Did you try XP or Vista compatibility mode to install?

I do know the speaker issue is known and the common solution is to use the incorrect channel setting to work around the issue as stated by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I am not sure, I linked the page I took the image from. You will have to go read there posts. You may even be able to dig up that driver through google, but it may not work with your onboard realtek chip, but always worth a shot if you are interested in it.

XP and Vista drivers should work on windows 7. Of course some may not though. Did you try XP or Vista compatibility mode to install?

I do know the speaker issue is known and the common solution is to use the incorrect channel setting to work around the issue as stated by others.
    Yes, thats what also im doing at the moment i.e choosing 7.1 and disabling side to keep the rear ones. But am I losing any sound and is it true surround sound (or atleast close)?

I'll look into the other other posts and see if XP compatibility mode helps.

You are fine in adjusting things like that, it is a known issue and fix. Not sure why RealTek does not correct this though, but I assume there is a reason.

Ok just another quick question. In some places it says that surround speakers on a 5.1 are indeed supposed to be "side" and not "rear" like mentioned on THX and Dolby website.

This is my current set-up. So are the surround speakers considered "side" in this case?

red=speakers
    black=monitor
    brown=seating position

Sorry if this seems off topic but I just got my first ever 5.1 so Im a bit excited yet confused.
    Last edited by redtilldead; 08-20-2009 at 04:04 PM.

As we have said, you can try the different workarounds and games/dvds and see which you like best. I do not think there is any issue of missing out of any sounds.

Ya, you wont be missing any sounds unless you find a speaker does not have any output.

Your image and settings look to be correct to me

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information