Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X48T-DQ6 + 8GB problem.

Default Re: X48T-DQ6 + 8GB problem.

I will

But I guess I did a fatal mistake, by not installing the boarddrivers, I did not think they was compatible with win7, now I've installed from the DVD I got with my board.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DKNoob View Post
    Hi,

A follow-up.

It was the RACTask, I found out it's a problem on Vista as well, I do hope they will fix it in the future, but until that this made my system stable.

1. Click Start.
    2. In the Search bar, type Task Scheduler and press Enter.
    3. On the left pane, click on Task Scheduler Library, Microsoft, Windows, RAC.
    4. Now, click the View Menu and tick Show Hidden Tasks.
    5. In the middle pane, right click on RACTask and click Disable.
    6. Done!

Not a single bluescreen or reset since the change, rock solid.

A BIG Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

I'll be back after some more days of testing, but so far the problem is not present anymore.

BTW. it Win7-64bit I'm using.
    Thanks for posting for others this info, I have found that this can cause issues on systems since the vista beta days. Sometimes on stable setups it is fine, but often if drives are fragmented or there is any other system issues (Programs, Drivers, Ram errors, ect) then this can cause many instabilities.

I really think by default it should not have been a hidden task, nor started without the user starting it themselves because as you likely know more than 80% of vista users never look at the data this app collects

FSB1333 and 9.9.9.24

But the problem is solved... I hope
    Ahh OK, Well I just wondered before I started to try and help. Nice to see you think you got it fixed up now. Let us know if you need further help

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    I hope that it is the RACTask, and if it is then I learned something new today :) And learning new stuff is also one of the reasons I'm here, because I do learn totally new things once in a while ( in addition to being here because I just enjoy to help other people out :)).

Let us know how it goes!

@Classicman
    I'm not active all the time, but when I have the time and I see that Lsdmeasap is not around I do try to help people out and post more, especially with the stuff I know best, cooling and Core 2 overclocking :)
    Thanks for helping out, when I am gone or not! It is most appreciated!!

I will

But I guess I did a fatal mistake, by not installing the boarddrivers, I did not think they was compatible with win7, now I've installed from the DVD I got with my board.

Please don't use the drivers on your CD/DVD that came with the board, download all the drivers you need from Gigabyte site for your board or direct from the maker of the driver you are installing. That way you use the latest and not old drivers that you would find on the CD/DVD.

If you need help finding a driver direct from somewhere let us know and we will show you where to find it
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 08-11-2009 at 02:08 PM.

@Lsdmeasap

Thanks for the good feedback, I have installed the latest drivers from intel, and my X-FI soundcard, with those installed I have reactivated RACTask to see if the problem still occurs, I will continue to experimenting until I have a complete picture of the problem, if thats possible.

I'll be back when I have tested some more.

PS.
    Sorry for my not so good English, Danish is my natural language.

Your English is fine, I didn't even notice!

Good luck with the testing, post back anytime

you remember i gave an overclock try to the same mobo with q9550. I did use the OC system for a single month and then shifted back to default setting. Now I'm crunching for BOINC. I have a question for you. Are increasing MCH or DDR3 voltage considered as overclocking, because x48t-dq6 limits my ram frequencies as well to 1066 where it's supposed to be 1600 mhz. I searched for the timings but not sure whether it's overclocking or not.

You would need to overclock the CPU to achieve 1600 MHz on the RAM as the highest memory multiplier is 4 so you'd need 400 FSB.
    It's not overclocking per se on the RAM as it's specified to do that. The board/chipset is also specified to run at 400 FSB by Intel with the Core 2 Extreme 9770.

So you mean, if i buy XQ9770, (withouth OC) I will be able to hit 1600 mhz on my ram (My ram already supports 1600 mhz at 8 CAS by 1.9v). That's lucky of me, because i'm planning to upgrade to qx9770 as soon as the larrabee comes out (Hoping that the price drops). I have my doubts although that X48T-DQ6 will set the correct timings for ram with qx9770?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Your English is fine, I didn't even notice!

Good luck with the testing, post back anytime
    Thanks.

After installing the latest Intel-drivers and enabling the "RACTAsk" I did not get bluescreen or reset, but my system froze, so a problem was still around.

Now I'm almost 100% certain that the critter is caught, I have a soundcard "Sound Blaster® X-Fi Xtreme Gamer - Fatal1ty Professional" a really great card, but not with Windows 7, after removing the card and uninstalling all Creative-software, it seems my system is 100% stable, everything is set to default and the nasty "RACTask" has been enabled.

So far no Freezing, hard-resets or blue-screens since the change.

I'll let the system run for a few more days and see if the bug is dead, if it is, I hope my findings can help others who might suffer this problem.
    Last edited by DKNoob; 08-12-2009 at 03:09 AM.

@DKnoob, or anyone else currently running Windows 7 (like I am). Due to the similarities between the driver model of Vista and Win7, a huge % of Vista drivers are completely fine to use with Windows 7. If the Driver has an installer, rather than just the bare files, you may have to set the installer to Vista compatibility mode. Running the setup as an administrator is usually recommended too.

@Classicman: Yes, as the QX9770 has a default FSB of 400 (this will be set automatically when loading optimized defaults for example) you will be able to run your RAM at DDR-1600 and have a completely stock system (using the 4.0 divider). If you don't own a QX9770 (they really ain't worth the price, they're a rip off IMO) then you can raise the FSB to 400 and lower the multi to get near stock, as you know. This is technically still overclocking though, as you are aware.

DKNoob, I hope you have squashed that bug, let us know how your system behaves after a few days of use.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

X-FI has been known to cause issues for sure with Gigabyte boards, not sure what all cards though but I do know I Have helped narrow things down to these cards a few times over the past year.

If you search for it here you will see a few posts with issues directly related, so I bet that was the whole issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information