Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X48T-DQ6 + 8GB problem.

Default X48T-DQ6 + 8GB problem.

Hi,

Im a complete noob when it comes to bios and that kind of things.

I have a X48T-DQ6 and on that I've installed 2*"TW3X4G1600C9DHX G" in total 8GB ram.

The problem is, when I boot the system from cold, I get after a few minutes a blue screen and the system resets, after that everything seems fine for hours.

My first thought was upping the voltage a bit on ram and a few other, but that did not fix the problem.

I have to say with 4GB and XP-pro the system was rock solid and I have not seen any problem with 4GB on win7, it all started with the additional 4GB.

CPU E8500
    PSU Corsair 750W
    GFX Gainward 8800GT
    OS Win7RC

Bios F5 is the one I have.

Help would really be appreciated.

Best Wishes.
    P.L.
    Last edited by DKNoob; 08-09-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Default Re: X48T-DQ6 + 8GB problem.

Try increasing the MCH voltage by 0.1V, that's the voltage for the memory controller and it often needs more voltage when it's gotta control 4 DIMMs.

The RAM you're using is all exactly the same kind? Do the enw sticks work fine by themselves? This could be either a board issue or the new RAM could be defective, so you should test it seperately as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Try increasing the MCH voltage by 0.1V, that's the voltage for the memory controller and it often needs more voltage when it's gotta control 4 DIMMs.

The RAM you're using is all exactly the same kind? Do the enw sticks work fine by themselves? This could be either a board issue or the new RAM could be defective, so you should test it seperately as well.

(G)MCH overvoltage? this I've upped with 0.100
    (G)MCH Clock Skew Controle?

Has tested the ram and no errors.
    Last edited by DKNoob; 08-09-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Hi,

I've upped the MCH even more and still same problem, I get this error.

Free Image Hosting

And it's only under win7 the problem occurs.

EDIT.

Found an advice about disabling "RACTask" as it is known to make same problem on vista64, so I'll be back if that was the critter.
    Last edited by DKNoob; 08-10-2009 at 02:49 PM.

Just the (G) MCH overvoltage.

Try using the Vista DVD to run the Windows Memory Diagnosis. If you get errors there you have a hardware problem and we cant ry adjusting BIOS settings further. If that runs fine it may be a software problem and related to "RACtask". But we definitley need to narrow this down to either a hardware or a software problem.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

for 8GB of ram you may need to use +0.25-0.4 MCH Voltage, which of course may require a fan on the NB.

What speed and timings are you running at with 8GB anyway?

Nickel, good to see you still helping. I'm very glad. I believe the problem is in hardware, because I'm running the same mobo with 8 gb with default voltages and no problem. I don't believe it's the OS as windows 7 aims more than 4 gig ram.

Hi,

A follow-up.

It was the RACTask, I found out it's a problem on Vista as well, I do hope they will fix it in the future, but until that this made my system stable.

1. Click Start.
    2. In the Search bar, type Task Scheduler and press Enter.
    3. On the left pane, click on Task Scheduler Library, Microsoft, Windows, RAC.
    4. Now, click the View Menu and tick Show Hidden Tasks.
    5. In the middle pane, right click on RACTask and click Disable.
    6. Done!

Not a single bluescreen or reset since the change, rock solid.

A BIG Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

I'll be back after some more days of testing, but so far the problem is not present anymore.

BTW. it Win7-64bit I'm using.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    for 8GB of ram you may need to use +0.25-0.4 MCH Voltage, which of course may require a fan on the NB.

What speed and timings are you running at with 8GB anyway?
    FSB1333 and 9.9.9.24

But the problem is solved... I hope

I hope that it is the RACTask, and if it is then I learned something new today :) And learning new stuff is also one of the reasons I'm here, because I do learn totally new things once in a while ( in addition to being here because I just enjoy to help other people out :)).

Let us know how it goes!

@Classicman
    I'm not active all the time, but when I have the time and I see that Lsdmeasap is not around I do try to help people out and post more, especially with the stuff I know best, cooling and Core 2 overclocking :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information