Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does the F8H bios work on the UD5 without the hardmod?

Default Re: Does the F8H bios work on the UD5 without the hardmod?

I actually just got activated last night, so I pm'ed hicookie. I just want to make sure I have all the available instructions/data to make this as smooth as possible for me.

hicookie hasn't pmed me back yet, but he is probably a busy guy i guess.

I kinda want to take a shot at it today, but I might wait till he pms me back.

I actually came across an image on a site that says "hicookie PCIE MOD for EX58....." in white, and tells what resistors to use, and am thinking that is all the instructions there is anyways?

oh, and as far as removing it, i dont have to just "pop" it off right? I should use the iron and melt the solder and lift it out right?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Nice to see you got in XS, I saw your post there.

If you want PM me the link to the forum where you seen this image and I will verify for you that it is the Mod instructions that he would send you. Sounds to me like it is though, but since you want to be sure let me see the URL and I will tell you.

Or to speed things up for you, I can say in that image if the following is correct then it is the Mod instructions that he would send you.

Step #1: Text in Red?
    Step #2: Text in Green?

Title of Mod w/ Boards covered and Name of publisher in white at the bottom of the image?

If so, then sounds like you have the correct Mod image. If you still want to be sure PM me the link and I will verify for you.

Actually, concerning your last comment about "Pop" ing it off, that leads me to believe you are looking at the correct image for sure! Because that was one of the first things exactly I asked as well when I saw instruction line #1 due to the way he "worded" that.

Yes, you will need to use the iron to remove it as well as put it back on. I thought you had been practicing on another older board or something?? You haven't? It is advised!!

So yes, please practice removal as well as putting back before you go ahead, so you aren't sitting around with a dead board!

oh, I have still been practicing, but I was asking cause I was wondering if I needed to be practicing that part of it.

The pic wasnt on a fourms site though, I cant't remember how I found it, but I'll try to find it and PM you, but I am about 99% positive it is right, cause everything you are saying is right on.

And thats all there is to the instructions right?

Hmm, well you confused me is why I asked. I though "how is he practicing without removing and then re-applying, have to remove to get one to apply"?

That's why I was unsure.

Ya, that is all there is to the instructions. Since you can't find the image again we can't be sure it is correct but it sounded to me like it was from your comments. You of course did save the image right? I assume so, so you could do the mod right?

You can PM me the image if you want to be sure and I can verify for you if my above hints did not verify that it was the correct image.

Ya, I saved it, Ill PM it to you just to be sure someone didnt release instructions with the wrong resistors to screw with people.

K, Just please do not post it in open public threads. They don't want a bunch of people killing their boards

i wont, and I cant attach it in a pm, So i will put it up on on the net for a sec so you can see it, then take it down

Ya, put in photobucket or somewhere, then remove later.

Or upload to a file host where you can later remove like within a mediafire account or rapishare, ect.

You should be able to put it in a zip file and PM it to me, maybe not though? Not sure about the attachement rules here as I always upload elsewhere and use tags to post files here

pm sent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information