Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EX58-UD3R won't enter BIOS

Default Re: EX58-UD3R won't enter BIOS

Some SSDs benefit slightly from AHCI, like Vertex. I don't know how important AHCI is for your older Samsung based drive. For the newer Indilinx based drives it makes very little difference.
    You should go to the Corsair forums and ask there what they recommend for your drive.
    If you want to use eSATA you should enable AHCI either way.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

AHCI is NON RAID so you already are using a NON RAID Setting. AHCI Is suggested for SSD, but you can use IDE if you like, not much difference anyway

Don't you have a USB To PS/2 adapter somewhere? If so use that, I use it on my USB KB/Mouse and never have any issues

I have both a USB and PS/2 keyboard and the issue is with both so not sure where this problem is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    AHCI is NON RAID so you already are using a NON RAID Setting. AHCI Is suggested for SSD, but you can use IDE if you like, not much difference anyway

Don't you have a USB To PS/2 adapter somewhere? If so use that, I use it on my USB KB/Mouse and never have any issues

Hmm, well you shouldn't have any issues then. Can you please test if things are fine with no drives connected? Maybe your SSD or disk settings are causing issues somehow?

I would but that just doesn't make sense. This is the exact setup I've had for months and this only started after the latest BIOS update which is when I changed the SSD over to AHCI. I'm going to put it back to to IDE and see if that fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Hmm, well you shouldn't have any issues then. Can you please test if things are fine with no drives connected? Maybe your SSD or disk settings are causing issues somehow?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information