Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Liquid cooling at Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Rev. 1.0

Default Liquid cooling at Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Rev. 1.0

Hi,
    I want to equip my system with a liquid cooling pack. I've already been searching around for quite long time, but I can't find any hardware which supports my mainboard.I already found blocks for my CPU and GPU, but I still need blocks to cool my NB, SB and voltage controllers with. Does anyone know which I should buy? Or is there anyone who has the same mainboard? I hope someone can help me with the choice.
    Sincerly,
    Japperrrr
    Last edited by Japperrrr; 03-02-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Liquid cooling at Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P Rev. 1.0

Unless you really want to do some extreme stuf you will not need to cool the VRM, NB and SB (you actually never need to cool the SB basically...).

If this si your first liquid cooling setup I highly recommend not cooling hte mainboard, as it's quite a pain, has no benefits and jsut heats up the water and makes your CPU get hotter.
    Imho motherboard cooling only makes sense in multi loop configurations and you're aiming for the absolute maximum overclock of your CPU.

I can't raise the speed of my NB-controller, because it get's too hot. It's so hot that I can't even touch it by finger.

Then you should either use a water block or a after market cooler. Keep in mind if you use a water block and only one loop, all that heat you mention will be dumped into your loop making your CPU and GFX Temps be higher than need be

So it's just an idea, but it would be better to put the CPU as first in the loop, the GPU second, the NB-chip third, and the voltage regulators fourth and fifth? Because the voltage regulators doesn't give that much heat that they need to be watercooled. My GPU becomes around 85 degrees Celsius when it's loading, when idle it's around 50 degrees Celsius. My CPU has a idle-temperature of 32 degrees Celsius and a load-temperature of 65 degrees Celsius, which is quite warm for an AMD processor. I still doubt about placing the GPU or the NB-chip as second and third. I might switch it, because the GPU is less important to keep cool. My GPU is running at a clock speed of 940MHz and a memory clock speed of 1140MHz, my CPU is running at 3.75GHz with a FSB of 250MHz, which is stable.

Well it really does not matter all that much the order, the water will be the same temps all around anyway. But yes I would put CPU First, then the rest is up to you and how your case allows things the easiest for you.

That is Alot for one loop, so you may want to think about leaving some of it out or doing two loops, otherwise your temps may be worse all around then they are now.

How can I make two loops? Do I need two pumps and two radiators then? o.0

For two loops yes. You need two seperate self contained loops, each comprising tubing, a pump, a radiator and a res plus the relevant blocks for what you're cooling. If you didn't do this then you'd be using a single loop and temps wouldn't be quite as good (they'd still be better than air with the right equipment).
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Thread Information