Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy Tune 5 ?

Default Easy Tune 5 ?

Hello ,

I'm new here and I'm new to Gigabyte mobo ,so I have maybe stupid question don't blame me ...

My mobo is GA-N680i-DQ6 v 1.0 ( yes I know not the best one , but it was secondhand offer for less than 100 usd so ...) .

My question - is easy tune 5 compatibile with vista 64 bit ?

Default Re: Easy Tune 5 ?

It should be, but Easytune 5 is not exactly a a good program. Easytune 6 is good because it shows the actual voltages in Windows (so you know what AUTO sets them too) but that's about the only thing I'd ever use Easytune for.

If you tell us why you think you need Easytune we can probably tell how to do that in a better way :)

I need to know actual Vcore nad RAM voltage - for now I use Easy Tune 6 but I'm not sure if it works well with my mobo - originaly it should work with Easy Tune 5 .

Use Everest and CPU-Z, they tend to be more accurate than easytune in that regard (CPU Temp in Easytune is pretty much always wrong...).

EDIT: HWMonitor is actually mabe the best option for you, just thought of that.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Easytune ONLY Shows what you or Auto sets in the BIOS, it does not show actual voltages of anything.

I Suggest Everest for your inquiries as stated above, you can get a trial copy here >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/late...y-tools-30530/

As for your actual question, yes it is compatible and you may download the latest Easytune 5 or 6 here
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Utility

Really it measures nothing ? I don't know but since my mobo has such stupid voltage monitoring - OK or BAD i need to check voltages in other way . Thanks .

Nope it does not measure anything, all it shows is what you or Auto sets in the BIOS.

Yes, please Use Everest and CPU-z, best combo I think

I don't agree it measure at last Vdimm - corectly (but Easy Tune 6) ,and I was able to regulate it . But Easy Tune 5 Pro doesn't work at all :-( .
    Is there any way to read temperature of 680i northbridge ? . And is it normal that it is so hot on even not OC system - heatsink is allmost untouchable ?!!!

Ya, I forgot on that monitor tab it does show current Vdimm, sorry about that.

I don't have any experience with that board but I do believe the hot NB is normal just from a google search, and I know some of them came with a stock NB Fan as well. Put a 40-50mm fan on it and you should be fine

A fan on NB it is good idea ... but I had mobo on 650i chipset with passive heatsink (not heatpipe version) and NB was warm , not so hot as 680i . So I worry if NB is ok or not ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information